Season 2 chapter 1

(F/n): Friends name

You walked into your apartment to be greeted by Pancho. He jumped into your arms, licking the salty tears off of your red cheeks.

You pat him on the head before standing and walking into the kitchen.

Upon entering you saw a small note card on the counter. Picking it up, you read it.

"Hey Kid, I'll be on a business trip for a while. I gave Miss Samo my key so she could feed Pancho while you're at, school so don't worry about him! I might be gone for a while and won't be able to stay in touch so make sure you stay out of trouble. - Love Ray."

At the bottom of the card, a date was inscribed. It was the day before you had been taken by the LOV. You sighed and ripped the card before throwing it into the trash.

At least that somewhat explained why Ray hadn't come to save you. But actually... It didn't explain anything. He could have used that weird telepathy thing he did to communicate with you, and you were sure the school informed him about you going missing since he was signed as your legal guardian.

Your thoughts began to spiral as your head became light and dizzy. Pancho whined beside you as you sauntered your way to the living room before plopping into the couch. You breathed out a heavy sigh and closed your eyes.

Why wasn't he ever there when you needed him the most? Wasn't he supposed to be your 'big brother'?

At least those were the titles he gave himself. He wanted you to trust him but you had nothing to base your trust on. And frankly, it was getting on your nerves.

You felt as awful as ever and were barely hanging on. The room began to spin and a nauseating feeling came over you.

You wanted to go home. But weren't you already home? You were in the apartment you had been living in for years, with the same dog you had known for years. But where in the world were you? It wasn't real, was it? So was this really your home?

All of these were questions you asked yourself as your vision went black. Your body fell limp on the couch as you drifted off to sleep.

____________

You opened your eyes the next morning to see that you were in your room. There was a crushing weight on your leg, permitting a groan of pain to escape your lips.

"You're too heavy for this Pancho!" You pushed the canine off of you and flipped over out of your bed to get ready for the day. You checked your phone to see that it was nearly seven o'clock and you had to be at school by eight.

After rushing to take a shower you fixed your hair and threw on a pair of sweats with a plain T-shirt to match. You made sure Pancho had everything he needed for the day before grabbing your bag and rushing out the door.

Halfway to school, you were met by (F/n). She cackled at your tired appearance and handed you a breakfast bar before latching her arm with yours.

"I told you not to stay up late watching those silly cartoons."

You grunted in response, opening the bar she handed you and eating more than half in one bite.

You ignored her remarks about the importance of getting enough rest and how watching cartoons all the time will rot your brain for the rest of your walk to school.

You unhooked your arm from hers and waved goodbye before the both of you departed for your first classes of the day.

The day was relatively boring, as usual. A couple of fights, a few annoying subs. The same old routine with the same lame teenagers in the same average high school.