Chapter Nine

The meeting room was silent as both Malina and Tom walked in. She felt eyes on her and she thought they had heard everything upstairs. Had they?

Tom took his usual seat at the head of the table and she sat next to Abraxas, who had his jaw set straight, no emotion passed through his eyes as Tom began to speak up.

"We have a new task." He spoke clearly, not once letting his voice quiver.

"As most of you know, we are hosting an event in the next few weeks. We are not only recruiting followers, but we must kill some Ministry aurors that will be attending as well."

The room stayed silent as Tom talked about the event, assigning tasks to people and ordering them around.

Abraxas was told to get the old men and women drunk, for them to agree to join the group and to give Tom their money.

The original knights was assigned to charm the wives and the rest were to watch closely for any suspicious activity.

"Malina." Tom said, after addressing everyone else in the room.

"Yes, my Lord." She said, her gaze meeting his.

"You will have the most important task." He started. "You will be killing the Ministry aurors."

she gulped, of course Tom had to give her the hardest job.

"You will simply... poison them"

"And how will I do that, my Lord?" she asked.

"I have brewed the Draught of Living death. Thanks to Slughorn's potion cupboard, I was able to complete the potion. You will get close to these aurors and slip a few drops into their drinks; unnoticeably, of course."

She didn't know what to say. Why couldn't Tom do it himself? He surely wouldn't want her to mess this up, for it could ruin his whole gang.

"Malina?" Tom asked after a moment of silence. "You will complete this task, yes?"

"Yes, my Lord." Her icy gaze burning through Tom's red ones.

                                      ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻

She plopped down on her bed, grabbing the pillow and screaming her anger into it.

Tom had been ignoring her questions about her "job" and would walk away, leaving her clueless.

It had been a week since the meeting and the event was a month away. She wanted to yell and scream at Tom for allowing this. The worst part is, she would have to be alone the entire time. No one would help her because they would be too buys doing their on tasks. And for Tom, he said he couldn't be near her, for it showed that he had a love interest.

Malina found it stupid. She just got here and he has already asked her to do something important. She doesn't even know what Tom would do to her if she were to mess it up. It would completely blow his cover.

When she calmed down, she walked to the bathroom and grabbed her brush, getting ready to go to bed for the night.

She glanced at the shower through the mirror, the memories from last week rushing back to her. Tom had said that he couldn't keep his mind off of her, but it seems like he doesn't even want to talk to her.

She took a deep breath and averted her gaze from it, trying to think of other thoughts. The bristles brushed through her brown hair, smoothing out the knots.

When she got to bed, exhaustion hit her and she found herself drifting into a deep slumber, filled with horrid nightmares.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been so tired and I have had no motivation. Hopefully, I can get back into the groove of writing, but for now the chapters will be a little shorter until I get my energy again. I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

-Z<3