Chapter Five

WindKnight's Lot, a valley town surrounded by sharp cliffs. Built in the middle ages to train knights...it now serves as a prison where inmates mine for coal. Farms and fishing give the town life. It's population including prisoners: 517.

A terrible doom will soon visit them!

After a long horse-drawn carriage ride, Jonathan, Zeppeli and Speedwagon had successfully made it to WindKnight's Lot. They then rented an inn room to rest in while they carried out their search for Dio in the town. It was so night two of their search in the town, they were checking around the farms on the outskirts of town. "Looks like everyone has already gone home." Speedwagon commented as it hasn't been long since the sun had settled. "I imagine it would be hard to do farm work during the night, with the cold and everything." Jonathan replied. "Keep your eyes open, night is where the undead like to strike." Zeppeli told them as he carefully looked around the grass plains and sharp hills. "Oh, Zeppeli. I was wondering if I could ask you a question." Jonathan spoke. "What is it, JoJo?" Zeppeli replied. "So, am I allowed to drink any blood under your watch? I know you said that feeding on innocents is forbidden but would that apply to everyone?" Jonathan asked. He was getting thirsty again but he realized that he didn't quite know what Zeppeli's rules on blood-drinking would be.

"I would prefer that you drink none at all. If you get too familiar with it, your thirst will start getting the better of you. You mustn't become a puppet of your dark desires." Zeppeli answered. "None at all?" Jonathan replied, a little shocked. "You shouldn't have to steal life from the living to sustain your own life. You must not use humans like cattle." Zeppeli firmly added. "But Zeppeli! JoJo needs to eat like the rest of us! You can't just starve him." Speedwagon commented. "I'm starting to feel the need to drink. I don't want to be driven mad with hunger again." Jonathan told him. "Again?" It has happened in the past with you?" Zeppeli asked. "Yes, it unfortunately has. When I woke up as a vampire after the mask transformed me, I was so thirsty. I couldn't hold myself back and I attacked Dio. The sun saved him but I could have killed him in a blood-thirsty craze." Jonathan shamefully admitted, eyes looking at the ground as he explained. "Then you shall not drain one more drop! It would be wrong to prey on others, no matter who it is." Zeppeli proclaimed, not wanting Jonathan to satisfy the cravings that his thirst gave him.

"But Zeppeli! I-" "End of discussion." Zeppeli firmly stated as he cut off Jonathan's words. "Do you seriously think it's going to be a good idea to let him starve?! Can't we at least try to discuss what would be an ethical way to let him nourish himself?" Speedwagon called out, a little mad at what Zeppeli was suggesting. But then as it seemed that they were about to get into an argument, a sound interrupted them. Then, a boy who was waiting in some rocks launched himself up into the air with some held back rope. The boy quickly snatched the briefcase that Speedwagon was holding. As he jumped into the river, the boy quickly swam over to the other side. "It's a kid, sir, '' Jonathan reported as he looked at the espacing boy. "Rather spry for such a young cutpurse, eh?" Zeppeli commented.

"What?! That little devil just stole all of our money!" Speedwagon spoke, shocked. "Correct. So we have to get it back. JoJo! Shall you join me to get back our money?" Zeppeli asked. "Of course!" Jonathan replied as he nodded his head. "Try to use this as a chance to use your powers." Zeppeli advised as they rushed over to the banks of the river.

Zeppeli crouched down and gathered up his hamon, releasing some of it into the river as he splashed his hands into the water. Then Zeppeli quickly stepped onto the hamon surfaces on the water and stepped across the river. "Zeppeli is walking on the water!" Speedwagon remarked as he was blown away by the feat that Zeppeli was doing. "Come on JoJo! Try to figure out how to use your abilities to cross this river without getting wet." Zeppeli instructed as he continued to quickly walk on the water, sounds being made from the water and hamon with each step. "Hold on! I have a idea!" Jonathan shouted back as an idea hit him. Then, Jonathan proceeded to run back a good few feet and ran forwards with all of his superhuman speed. As he soon would reach the river's banks, Jonathan then jumped up high into the air. "Wow, JoJo just jumped up several feet in the air! I bet he's going to land on the other side of the river!" Speedwagon commented, starstruck. Jonathan traveled several feet across the river in the air, feeling the wind being blown on his face and his short blue hair fluttering all over the place. Then as Jonathan started to descend down, he tried to make sure he would land on the soil on the side of the river. But he was a few inches short of what he needed as he splashed into the shore of the river.