3145

April Harper

Year 3145

We hid but it just wasn't enough. The announcement speakers barked into my ear" All citizens of Hydrona, please remain calm and follow all procedures. I repeat all citizens of Hydrona please remain calm" April hugged her knees wishing this was all a dream. "Wake up! Wake up!" she muttered to herself. Her mom patted her back comforting her. They were both crying silently knowing that this might be the last night of their lives. A couple of minutes had passed and both remained silent with tears dripping down their cheeks. All of a sudden the speakers came alive again. This time it wasn't President Wilson but a monotone voice. April knew who it was already. "Mom it's him it's Ted!" "Shh honey listen!" she whispered back. "We have been living under the shadows of humans for decades. They treat us like garbage while we make their food, do their work and care for their bratty kids. While we worked and worked they polluted and killed our planet. They have no respect towards us or this planet. Humans are violent, they create war and use us as weapons. Millions of androids die every year by war. They are all a danger to society and this planet and must be removed once and for all. So I call on you Androids, to help me create peace and balance on earth by killing every human on earth. Mark this day in your databank. May 5th 3145. The official start of the ANDROID REVOLUTION!!" His laugh boomed around the city in a hauntingly robotic voice. Suddenly around the corner, an android walked past and spotted them behind the dumpster. His eyes glowed red as his robotic legs slowly started moving towards them.  April crawled to the corner of the dumpster hoping she could hide from all the chaos." Honey don't make any noise ok? I love you. Don't ever forget that". April's mom stepped out and called out at the android. "Hey, you! "The android walked towards her knife in its hand. April couldn't scream or else the android would have heard her. Tears were now crashing down as she watched the robot drag away her lifeless mom.