Bittersweet

(Taehyung's POV)

A few weeks ago, she took her things and left. We talked about it for hours and decided that some time apart would be good for both of us.

Neither of us were really the problem, it's just that we were taking things too fast I think. We weren't ready and it showed. We needed some time to catch our breath and figure things out for ourselves. We didn't argue or anything. We weren't upset with each other, we just kind of grew apart...and it was noticeable. I thought, maybe some time apart would make us remember. That we'd come back and I'd be so happy to see her again.

The guys don't know about this because I've been trying my best to be okay with it. I mean, I was part of the agreement, so I should be okay for now, right? I'm trying, but it's hard.

They only found out about it recently. Jimin asked me if Tzuyu and I would want to go on a double date with him and Mina. I had no choice but to tell him the truth. The other guys just happened to be in the room in that moment.

"I'm sorry, Tae. I didn't know." Jimin said.

"It's alright. Don't worry about it." I brushed it off, but they continued to be concerned about me.

They all kept staring at me with worried expressions.

"What..?" I ask why they're all looking at me like that.

"Did you guys break up?" Jungkook asks, still worried.

"I don't know, Kook. We're just not together right now." I say.

"What happened? If you don't mind us asking." Namjoon adds.

I shrug, "We just needed some time apart. Things weren't the same anymore and we thought we could just use a break."

After some silence, Jungkook speaks again, "You're not...upset?"

"I didn't say that." I mumble.

I could see why he asked though. They seemed more concerned than I was.

"It was a mutual thing." I explain, "We're not on bad terms, it's just...things weren't the same."

They looked sad.

"I'm okay, really! We didn't break up, it'll be fine. We'll be fine."

They got the hint that I didn't want to talk about it anymore and they left me alone.

They were all probably just concerned because they really like Tzuyu too. That's one of the downsides of all of us getting close. If any of us breaks up or has an argument with our partner, it makes it kinda awkward between all of us. When I say "all of us" I mean all of the members and their significant others. We're all friends so it's tense when one of our friends is upset with another.

If it was still around...I know I swore not to use it ever again, but in this case, I probably would have gave in and used Love Alert again. But now I just have to wait. I just have to wait and trust that it'll work out.

After weeks of waiting, I realized I didn't have to wait. Maybe she was waiting for me to come back. Maybe we were both waiting for each. I just have to make the first move.

So I did. I wanted to talk to her in person, so I went over to her dorm. She had been staying with me before, but she went back to live with her members when we agreed to do this.

I actually missed them a few times before they were actually home. I didn't want to call beforehand for a reason.

I came back in the evening, knocked on the door again, and Chaeyoung was the one to open it.

"Oh. Taehyung-ssi..." She trails off, looking over her shoulder, sounding panicked.

"Hi, Chaeyoung-ah. Sorry to bother, but is Tzuyu here?"

"Um...I'll let her know you're here. Be right back." She says before shutting the door.

I'm guessing she wasn't sure if Tzuyu wanted to see me or not. Like I said before, we're all friends, if things weren't weird right now, she would have at least invited me in.

The door creaks open again, but this time, it's just Tzuyu standing there. Before I could say anything, she steps outside and shuts the door behind her.

I wanted just to hug her so badly. I missed her so much, but I kept myself from acting like that. I couldn't read the room, so it was hard for me to tell if she would be okay with it.

"Hey...sorry for showing up unannounced." I start, "How are you?"

"I'm okay." She says, "I've had a lot of time to take care of myself."

I nod, "That's good."

"Look, Tae..." She sighs, "I don't know why you're here, but I don't think I'm ready just yet."

My original plan fell apart right in front of my eyes.

"Just give me a little more time." It's like she could read my mind. "I want to be with you, I'm just trying to figure things out with myself first."

I nod again, but I felt hurt inside.

"I understand." I say, "I'm just glad you're doing alright."

She could tell I was upset.

"Taehyung." She puts her hand on my shoulder, "I love you, I really do. I just want to be able to love you unconditionally. You get it, right?"

I felt the tears building up in my eyes.

"I get it." I place my hand on hers, "I'll be here whenever you're ready."

She breaks a faint smile, "Thank you."

"Just...don't forget about me, Tzu." I struggle to hold back my tears.

"I could never forget about you."

I left their dorm, unsatisfied and still alone. But what else can you do, right? She needs more time. I can do that. I might as well work on myself too while I'm waiting.

I just have to be patient.