2

"She's coming." Chrisie scurries back from the door and sits at the table. We all start eating the chicken and hide Aggie in the pot. Only seconds later nanny Whetstone barges into the room. She takes one look at the scene and runs out of the house screaming you all laugh. That was definitely one of the best pranks the eight of you have pulled in a while. "That was fantastic!" You give Eric a high five. Lilly is laughing along too. Then you all hear an other set of foot steps climbing up the stairs. You could tell that it was papa. The eight of you go back to eating the chicken, not wanting the victory to end so soon. He walks in and to your disappointment, he doesn't seem as shocked by what he was seeing. "Where's Aggie?" Mr Browns eyes are darting across the room, looking for the infant. You hear her rattle under the lid of the pot. Mr Brown lifts the lid and sees the infant inside. She is covered in gravy and cabbage. You and Simon share glances. We're busted.   He says in your head. you nod. Your father tells you that he will be going to the agency in the afternoon to hire a new nanny which you will not scare away. You wanted to tell him that you couldn't make any promises but you kept your mouth shut.

Once Mr Brown leaves the room, Simon walks over to the wight board and flips it over. "Three days, eight hours and forty seven minutes. So that got rid of her twenty three hours and thirteen minutes quicker than the last nanny." He moves the hand made doll down the diagram. "I think the turning point was definitely eating the baby. Well done Eric." The younger boy nods.