im sorry, come back (41)

George pov
Clay was the first one up this morning, so i woke up to a hum to the tune of Apocalypse. i won't ever get tired of it:)

when we got up to start our day, i got on my phone to check notifications and had 9 from Karl.

Honk Boy🦆
Is Nick awake?
George?
Hello?
Goodmorning!
Is it okay to come over yet?
Helloooooo?
George.
George.
George.

i quickly typed a message back, saying that yes, Nick was awake, and yes, he can come over.

while we were gathered in the kitchen for breakfast, i thought i would break the news to Nick, saying Karl would be over in a bit.

"oh."

"is... is that okay?"

"yeah, i think we need to talk anyways."

i looked at Clay with a worried look, making him ask the question.

"talk like make up? or talk like break up."

"make up, dumbass. you think i would let Karl leave? just like that?"

"well, no, but~"

"can we have breakfast? i'm starving, and super dehydrated from all the crying i did yesterday."

"yeah... yeah."

with that, i reached into the white cabinet to grab a blue, glass cup to fill it with water at the sink.

"here"

i handed the water to the younger boy, Clay getting a pan out for breakfast.

"omelettes okay?"

"it's a yup for me, lover boy."

"it's a yes for me, Florida man."

Clay giggled at that and got the eggs out of the fridge. he always laughs in a gloomy situation. it makes me feel better.

"so. what are you two love-birds gonna do today?"

"well, i have some grocery shopping to do, and i have to get some more toys for Jules and Patches, they tore up all of the other ones."

"hey George, while a you're at the store can you get some more melatonin gummies?"

"sure! Nick do you guys need anything? i can grab it."

"uhh... no i don't think so."

"okay."

we just kind of sat around as we waited for the omelettes to be done, and i occasionally looked over at Nick to make sure he was doing okay, i didn't need for him to feel like he was dying without Karl.

speaking of Karl, he text me right after we got done eating, telling me he was walking in the grass.

i went to the door, opening it to be met by Karl. his eyes were red and sore, while his skin was, sort of pale.

"hey, you can come in."

he stepped in slowly, making eye contact with Nick and having his eyes dart somewhere else, pointing a wall.

"Karl, can i talk to you?"

Nick had gotten up from his seat to make his way over to Karl, hoping to talk to him.

"where do you wanna talk?"

Dream pov
they've been talking in the extra room in the hallway for like an hour now. what's taking them so long?

George is really worried, he can't stand the thought of them breaking up.

"baby what if they break up? and they have to move? and they hate each other? and what if we can't hang out all together? i just love being with them. at the same time."

i got up from my couch and walked over to the pacing boy across the room, slowed him down, and held him.

"honey, listen to me. nothing bad is going to happen, okay? everything will be fine and they will be at our wedding as a couple. okay?"

"but how are you so sure? how do you just know everything's going to be okay?"

when did he get so anxious? he was doing a-okay up until this. is he really all that okay?

"George, baby, what's this all about?"

"i'm- i just- it's nothing."

"no. you're worrying about more."

"i'm just scared that... that this is gonna be us. i'm scared that i'm gonna screw up and make us scared for everything! we just fit so well that i can't lose you..."

that. that made me tear up.

"George. that will never be us. we are not the jealous type! i get that Sap was talking to his friends and didn't want to stop, but it was a learning moment for them. we're gonna be fine."

"thank you."

"no need, we just had to talk."

"we did."

grabbing his hand, i walked over to the couch and put him in my lap. his chest was laying on mine, his legs spread over mine.

"we're learning."

"thank you for helping me learn."

i rubbed circles into his back and put a random stream on the tv to distract us from the huge "are they gonna break up" thing in the other room.

it had been 10 more minutes of waiting, wondering, thinking. George had fallen asleep on my lap and the door opened, revealing two men with puffy eyes and water-stained cheeks, holding hands.

lowering my voice so it was quiet, but now quite a whisper, i had to ask if they were okay.

"you guys made up?"

"we're even stronger now."

"i promised to not be on call so much and Karl promised to not bottle everything up and actually talk to me when he was worried about us."

i gave them a warm smile and told them to go home and get ready because i'm taking them to a dinner tonight.

they walked out the front door, shutting it quietly behind him. i took one more look at the sleeping boy in my lap and nudged him awake. seeing his cocoa-colored eyes look at me through sleepy eyelids is the cutest thing i've ever seen. i saw the two cats cuddling next to us and i told him just how cute all three of them looked sleeping.

"look at Jules and Patches. they're just as cute as you when you sleep."

the pink boy looked up at me with tired eyes and all i could do was smile. in a soft, deep voice i told him about the dinner plans and started getting ready.
____________________________________
1020 words.

not my best work, but not my worst. oh well🤷

leaves on suggestions, i think i'm gonna do fifty chapters:)

please eat and hydrate:) also happy pride month!!🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

vote?

tiktok: _i_love_you_dnf_
twitter: gpeterka04