Prologue

I cannot die. I've tried all possible methods but none, so far, worked. I cannot age. My internal clock has seized its ticking long ago. Yet, when I remain the same, those around me change, grow, become happy, and, eventually, die. I am the only one who doesn't. The only one who remains alone. So alone.
I don't know how it had happened. I can no longer remember when. I only know is why. Why such a thing happened. Why such a thing occurred. Because, in the end, I only have my own foolishness to blame.

It was because of love.

That awfully, wonderfully, wretched feeling, called love.

Love was the thing that cursed me. Cursed me to become like this. So now I will forever shun it. Turn the other way from it. Obliterate it from my mind. So, never again will it lure me, entice me, with sweet words full of empty promises.

And even though I state these words with set determination; the world, I know, is cruelly laughing at me because it knows that I have and will never have the power to stop what will happen next.

POV Midoriya:

"Phew! Now, I'm officially moved in!" I smiled as I unpacked the last of the trinkets I had in my box. The apartment building was beautiful and I managed to get the highest complex in the building. It's small but I don't mind. Large places always seem lonely.

"Congratulation! You know what would have made that line better?" An incredibly tall 17-year-old boy with red flaming hair wearing a white dress shirt, red tie, and grey pants said in a false, excited tone; he carried 3 large empty boxes as he came into the living room area.

"No, what?" I asked as he sat down next to me with an annoyed look on his face.

"If you would have said that 4 years ago, when you actually moved in!" He set the boxes down on the coffee table.

I pursed my lips," Well, I'm sorry! Unlike kids, adults have jobs they need to do in order to live."

Now, he pouted and looked away from me while mumbling the "I'm not a kid" phrase. He looked really cute when he pouted. One of the few things that did not change as he grew older.

I sighed but smiled," Sorry, you're not a kid. You're almost 18, right? Well, what do you want as a reward for helping me, Enji-Kun?" I patted his head to comfort him, even though I knew it would just make him pout even more.

He instantly smiled making his high cheekbones look more prominent and blue eyes sparkle.

I wish he would smile more often around people, I thought to myself every now and again. He has a very cute smile for such an intimidating boy.

"Then I want to go out to eat dinner with you, Izuku." A faint pink touched his cheeks as he looked at me. I flicked him on his forehead," Ow! Why the fuck did you do that for?" I flicked him again," Hey!"

I looked at him with a stern expression," It's Izuku-san or Midoriya-san, not Izuku, to you. Remember? Also you know how your parents and I feel about you swearing." I said matter-of-factly as I moved my glasses up the bridge of my nose as I ran a hand through my incredibly fluffy hair.

"What the fuck..." He mumbled. I narrowed my eyes at him and raised my right hand to flick him again," Wait! No! I'm sorry! I'm really, really sorry! Don't flick me again, Izu- Izuku-san! Please!" He pleaded with his hands covering his forehead.

I lowered my hand and huffed, satisfied by his answer. Then I couldn't help but chuckle at the boy, who was more than a foot taller than me, scared of being flicked on the forehead.