06

sitting in a circle around the bonfire with all the students, her eyes watched the fire as its flames vigorously agonized on the small logs of woods under the dark, stary sky. a sudden rumble from her stomach interrupted her train of thoughts as she patted it, pouting.

she felt a nudge on her shoulders as she craned her neck to see a boy sitting beside her, smiling innocently. he offered her something that was neatly wrapped in a triangular-shaped cloth. curious, she opened it, revealing two rice cakes that were piled up upon each other on the cloth.

her eyes gleamed as she thanked the boy before gobbling one of them down, relishing the firm yet chewy rice cake. turning her head to the side, she saw a little smirk dangling on his mouth that she ignored and was going to start a conversation with him when she abruptly felt funny.

her eyes stung and she brought her fingers to massage her throbbing skull before passing out on his shoulders. he discreetly put her head on the bench on which they were sitting and ran away after ensuring that there was no one looking.

━━ ━━

"ok so listen here! you can go explore the forest with your partners and don't forget to take along your torches. remember only roam inside the forest!" the teacher announced and as if on cue students began to shuffle around looking for their partners.

while yoongi just sat there waiting, too lazy to actually stand up and look for her, hoping she would come faster. groaning, he rose from his seat when he didn't find a trace of her and dragged himself around looking for yoonjae.

he rolled his eyes when he recognized the familiar girl who was busy sleeping. the boy repeatedly patted her cheeks lightly to wake her up.

"yo spinach! wake up!" it was of no use.

sighing, he went closer to her face and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, staring at her.

"aaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

yoonjae tumbled down the bench after being woke up by a deafening roar. which was by yoongi.

she whimpers as she rubbed her slightly aching head while standing up and looked at him with squinting eyes.

"why in the world are you sleeping? let's go!" as the boy turned around and started walking towards the forest, he was suddenly lunged forward by a force on his back.

"get off of my back-! o-ouch!" she kicked his butt twice before exclaiming, "let's go horsie! heehaw!" she exclaimed, pointing towards the dark, thick canopy of the forest.

scoffing, he let go of her legs that made her fall on the ground with a thump. the girl rubbed her butt and cried out in pain, "bad horsie!"

"what the fuck happened to y⎯" spotting something unusual in his peripheral vision, he whipped his head to look at it, to see a boy injecting some liquid into ⎯ what looked like a small, white rice cake.

his brow cocked up in confusion but soon the realization hit him when he saw an unfinished one on the cloth beside the bench. he bolted towards the boy and cupped his collars, bringing his face closer, "how dare you!"

before the boy could defend himself, a powerful punch flew against his left cheek as he groaned in pain.