• 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷 •

word count: 516

word count: 516

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕕𝕪 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Anything else?", Y/N asked the usual customer while scanning one last item the woman had put on the counter.

"No, that would be all honey", she replied with a sweet smile and after paying and packing everything she bought, the woman exited the small shop.

There was no one in the small convenience store but Y/N, so she decided to take out her phone from the pocket of her apron and check for any messages.

There were none.

She wondered If he's worried about her like she is for him, and If this was the end for both of them.

Should she go to him or should she leave it be?
She wondered.

Was it called 'love' that she was willing to go through everything...

...from their beginning...

...to their very ending...

...even If she'll be left with just her broken soul?

She just had to choose wether she'd like to be hurt one way or another. Well... she felt some part of that emotion of loosing someone right now.
He's not completely gone, but to her it felt that way.

So why not-

"Have a good night", the faint voice of her other coworker could be heard from behind.
Y/N's shift has ended for today.
What was left to do?
She walked down the street, not taking paying any attention to her surroundings that much.
It never changed after all,

well...

...that was until she caught herself turning the wrong way.

She stopped walking.

There are no such thing as accidents.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

Something in his brain clicked.

All of the people he grew closer to got under the risk of dying. He wasn't aware of it before, because the only casualty of his job and the current case he was working on was himself.
Denji and Power were different and he never seemed to care that much about how they were doing in fights against the devils, but this one they got out off just barely.

He couldn't erase the screaming and the blood that surrounded him.

He couldn't erase the picture of pointless fights everyone put on, just for them to be gone in a blink of an eye. Angel lost his arms, Beam was dead, even Power didn't seem herself once the fight was over.

Aki could only watch the casualties that passed by through the vehicle's window.
He didn't just lose his arms as well, but one part off him died too. Another piece off his chest got ripped out despite how hard he tried to keep it to himself.

He wasn't alright.

He'll be living in hell until the day he dies, maybe even after...
He felt miserable, with only one arm left his dull eyes cloudily stared at the pavement in front of him as his legs walked him automatically. His shirt was unbuttoned just by one spot and his black blazer jacket just rested on his shoulders as he held his one hand in the pockets of his trousers.
His hair was messily tied up since he didn't bother trying to tie it any better in the hospital bathroom, a single cigarette hanging from his lips.

Everything stopped.

His eyes lingered on her for a moment when he realized that...

...he didn't know when to give up on her.

He was in fact very greedy.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Sorry for not updating more frequently
(*_ _)

My exams are finally over so I'll be writing more these next few weeks