Chapter 09

"Veronica?" I asked, looking up at her.

"Betty told me everything..."

"And she's giving herself the fault, right?" I guessed. She nodded. I sighed "I really didn't want to hurt her, I shouldn't have told her this at all, I'm sorry" I apologized but she shook her head.

"No. Jughead, it's not your fault. It's going to be okay"

"But if I wouldn't have told her, she would be happy now... we could be cuddling or so..."

"But you would also get worse. And now, stop crying, Betty will forgive you again, okay?"

"No she won't, she hates me"

"That's enough, Jughead. Maybe she's a bit angry but she doesn't hate you. I know for a fact that she likes you, really much, so just give her time. Besides, it doesn't make things better if you cry, or destroy things and hurt yourself with that" I nodded, wiping my face and trying to dry the tears.

I always thought that speaking about my problems won't help me, but... even if it hurt me - and the person I love - it also gave me the chance to rebuild my relationship with dad. It helped me and destroyed me at the same time.

"Thanks, Veronica"

"For what?" she asked, tilting her head a bit.

"For just being here and talking sense into me. Though, could you please tell Betty that it isn't her fault and that I didn't mean to hurt her...? I never wanted to hurt her, I didn't mean it this way"

"Okay, I can do this... Can I let you alone again?" I nodded.

"Sure, I'm fine"

"Okay but if not... call me or Archie, okay?" I nodded again. Veronica nodded and then left. I just sat there for a while but I didn't cry anymore. Veronica was right, crying won't help me. I wasn't even allowed be to stressed, so that's already a thing that I failed but life moves on, right? I just can't give up on her. I love her... with all my heart. I love everything about her, the good and the bad.

Soon Archie walked in.

"Hola, loverboy" he said, upon walking in and taking off his coat.

"Well, it doesn't matter if I am or not anyways. Betty and I had a fight"

"Oh what a surprise" he scoffed and I looked up at him, sitting up from my bed - on which I had laid down.

"What are you talking about?"

"It means that everything that's happening right now is because of her! You do everything for her"

"Not everything..." I mumbled.

"But-" he froze "What do you mean, you hurt her?"

"I told her the truth, Archie... about what bacteria does and that she's a danger for my immune system... and me. I screwed up"

"Holy crap, you definitely did... not that you don't already know that, though... I'm sorry man, really. Have you spoken to her since then?"

"No uhm... But Veronica was here"

"A raven haired girl... with a pearl necklace? That Veronica?"

"Yeah, why?" he shook his head.

"No reason"

"Can I ask you and Veronica for a favor?"

"Depends on the favor" I sighed, turning around to face him completely now.

"Look, I just want you guys to invite Betty on Wednesday at Pops and maybe we can talk then, you know? I want to apologize to her but she won't like to see me, so I can't ask her"