i , 𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺

( i , 𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 )

WASHINGTON D.C.
JULY 4TH, 14:00 EDT

 IF CADIE HAD TO choose what was her favorite thing about being a Green Lantern, it would probably be being able to fly. The adrenaline rush and the pure euphoria she felt whenever she was surfing the skies was one of the greatest feelings ever, and she wouldn't trade it for anything.

 And there she was, flying over the Washington DC skyline with her mentor, enjoying every second of it.

 "Excited?" asked Hal, a smile on his lips as he flew right by her side.

 They were on their way to the Hall of Justice, where they were meeting the rest of the Justice League members, and the soon-to-be. A grin appeared on her face from just thinking about it.

 Cadie raised an eyebrow at her mentor, disbelief written on her face. "Are you kidding? Today is the day! This is the best day of my life!"

 Maybe not the best, but it was certainly worthy of being a highlight of her life, along with graduating, meeting her soulmate, becoming a doctor... This was the first step to becoming a member of the Justice League, and that was something not a lot of people could say.

 And sure, she was already a member of big things like the Green Lantern Corps —which was legendary of her, like her friend Kid Flash said whenever someone brought it up, but it was a whole different thing to be a part of the Justice League! It wasn't like the Green Lanterns have comic books or even a fan base on Earth.

 In reality, she could bet money on the fact that her mentor probably had at least one fan club dedicated to him. Her own foster mom had said he was just so dreamy, which was unbelievable, and had gotten Hal's ego through the roof.

 From their position in the sky, Cadie could see six figures standing before the Hall of Justice. Batman, Aquaman, and Green Arrow and each one of them next to their sidekicks, Robin, Aqualad, and Speedy. She frowned.

 "Hal?" she asked, tilting her head to the side. "Weren't Kid and Flash supposed to be here too?"

 The male Green Lantern chuckled, noticing their absence too. "You'd think being speedsters, they'd actually arrive on time."

 A subtle nod from him was the signal Cadie needed to start descending towards the other heroes. When they reached the ground, she shot a smile at Robin and Speedy and a curt nod to Aqualad, with whom she wasn't as close.

 Batman's voice reached her ears. "Today's the day."

 "Welcome to the Hall of Justice," said Green Arrow then, and butterflies appeared on her stomach.

 "Headquarters of the Justice League," completed Aquaman.

 She hovered a couple of inches above the ground, unable to keep her excitement for herself. Cadie caught a glimpse of both Speedy and Robin trying to hide their amusement, given that they knew that she did that when she felt thrilled.