ii , 𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘮𝘶𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘴

( ii , 𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘮𝘶𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘴  )

    "HELP! GET US DOWN!" was what Cadie heard the moment they got close to Cadmus labs. fire trucks with their alarms blaring were stationed next to the building while the scientists inside it called for help.

 Cadie hovered in the air for a couple of seconds, assessing the situation as the firefighters on the scene calmed down the victims. Her eyes widened as an explosion went off, and she impulsed herself to get there as fast as possible when she saw two persons being thrown out of windows.

 As soon as she got to one of the scientists using one of her platforms, Wally had already zoomed into the scene and had gotten the other one to the roof, getting himself stuck dangling from one of the windows.

  Cadie stifled a laugh when the first-responders got his name wrong.

 "Kid Flash!" the speedster yelled, annoyed, and Cadie approached him, helping him enter the building with a small push. "Why is that so hard?"

 "You just don't have enough persistence, KF, " she mocked, and was met with a playful glare.

 Now inside the building, both teenagers looked around. The fire didn't look like it had started there, and Cadie used her rings to scan their surroundings. They soon were joined by Robin, who started hacking the nearest computer.

 "Appreciate the help," said suddenly Aqualad's voice, who had just jumped inside.

 "Sorry, " let out the Green Lantern, furrowing her brow at the energy that she was reading that came from— the ground?

 "You handled it, " Robin was saying, still looking rather smug. "Besides, we're here to investigate. Poetic justice, remember?"

 Cadie, with Aqualad flanking her, walked until they saw a long corridor with an elevator at the end. Staring down at her ring, she bit the inside of her cheek. Could it be that Cadmus labs had something going on down there?

 A clang brought her attention to the elevator, and she shared a look with Aqualad.

 "There was something in the-" he cut himself off, apparently still not entirely sure of what he had seen. 

 "Elevators should be locked down, " Kid Flash frowned, behind Cadie.

 "This is wrong, " Robin said, after looking for a few moments at the computer beside the elevator.

 "Yeah, my ring is reading all types of different energies coming from down there, " agreed Cadie, frowning at the younger teenager's back. "How many stories is this building supposed to have?"

 As Robin inspected the elevator, Kid Flash leaned over Cadie's shoulder to glance at the information her ring is extracting.

 "Definitely not that many," he concluded.