Chapter 2

Tomioka's world went black. There was a ringing in his ears that he wished would stop. He could feel someone had picking him up and carrying him on their back.

Tomioka was just too weak and tired to open his eyes. But he could still feel the warmth of them. Tomioka could tell they were running because of how bumpy it was. But he didn't care, all he knew was that he was safe and he was, for now, going to block out the world and sleep.

~ ~

Warmth. He felt warmth from a fire. Tomioka still couldn't move because he was in too much pain from his back and his stomach. He remembered what happen.

He was attacked by a demon.

A demon who was killed by... a girl?

Tomioka mastered the strength to open his eyes. Slowly, he looked at his surroundings. He was in a deep cave, brown, black, and gold sheets and blankets on the walls, a large fire was burning in the middle of the cave.
It felt nice and warm. Tomioka kept looking around. He saw pots, pans, and cups that were next to some boxes that were used at little shelves.

Tomioka realized that he was laying on blankets. He was being lifted by two pillows that helped with the pain in his back. Tomioka's miss-matched haori and the shirt of his uniform were removed revealing his chest and stomach, which had white cloth wrapped around it. It stopped the bleeding.

He also noticed that right across the cave was another bed but the blankets were messed up and there was a teddy bear on the bed as well.

"You're awake..."

Tomioka jumped slightly at the voice. He didn't release someone else was here with him. He turned his head and saw the same girl that saved him. She was still wearing her black kimono.

She had dirty blonde hair that reached above her shoulders, white skin, baby blue eyes. The ones that he felt so calm looking into for some strength reason. She looked to be about eighteen year.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as she slowly walked to Tomioka. She sits on her knees and places a hand on his forehead. The warmth of her hand was so comforting to him. He looked into her baby blue eyes.

But something was off about those eyes. They almost didn't look human.
"Who are you?" Tomioka asked. The girl smiled softly.

"That's not important. But you can call me Blue or 'Mayonaka Kyūseishu' if you like. It doesn't matter to me." As she spoke, she walked over to a pot and brought it over to the fire.

"You're... 'Mayonaka Kyūseishu'?" Asked Tomioka, now wondering who she is. "I am. I was coming home when I smelt your scent. Your blood I mean." She looked at him with a soft smile on her face. "You're lucky I got there in time. You almost died."

Tomioka was very lucky that she did get there in time. One more hit from that demon and he would have died for sure. Now that he thought about it, it only took her two minutes to fully kill that demon.

'Who is she?'

"How did you kill that demon so fast?" He asked. Tomioka was very curious about how she did. For all he knew, all she did was stab the demon and blast it in a way he couldn't explain. He had to have answers.

But there was something odd about her. Her aura was something that he never felt before.

He then has a sudden theory that maybe she isn't a normal human. "Just luck, I guess." She turned away facing the other wall as she wet a small towel.