Part 5

I followed Xiao back to my room when I entered it, he entered after me and closed the door.

- Do you want something?

I asked without giving it much thought, but Xiao's eyes were full of anger as he looked at me.

- If you betray Morax, I will kill your father and then you.

His voice was serious but I ended up laughing which made him even angrier. He approached me pulling me closer by my collar and I just smiled at him while he looked inside my eyes.

- I'm serious.
- I know, but I'd never betray Morax.
- I don't trust you. You traded the prince fast like a whore and...

Before he continued I slapped his face as hard as I could. My hand throbbing with pain as he looked at me shocked.

- I was a good the emperor had gifted his son. That's not the relationship I have with Morax. I chose him and I agreed to be his empress, which means it is best you learn how to treat me like that. I won't tell Morax you threatened me because it doesn't matter, but if you call me a whore one more time I will cut you. Now get the hell out of my room. You entered without my permission.

He looked me in the eyes for a second before bowing his head apologetically and exiting my room. I removed my clothes and got in bed without spending to long thinking about what had happened, I understood he was worried but that didn't give him the right to talk to me like that.
Xiao's loyalty to Morax reminded me of my father's loyalty to the late emperor, did he hate me too?
I ended up falling sleep before I had decided what to do with my dad, but there was one thing I knew for certain. Morax was my best chance at loving and being loved, at leaving a fulfilling life. I would not give up on him.

I woke up in the morning with the sound of hushed voices outside my door, I reached for my sword and pulled it under my covers before the door opened, I pretended to be asleep thinking I could surprise my attackers, but I noticed a sweet smell coming from them.

- My empress, it is time to get up! - it was Ganyu's voice and I opened my eye in surprise. - We have much to do today!

Behind her was an older lady and Qiqi. The child held a new ointment in her tiny hands and the older lady carried a plate full of sweets.

- Is your hand better? - the child asked as she got closer to me.
- Hand?!? - Ganyu looked worried. - What happened to your hand?!?
- You are being too loud the empress still looks tired. - the older lady got both of them to give me a bit of space. - Don't worry young empress, we are here to take care of you.

I told them what happened after I last saw Ganyu, of course, not all of it, only about dinner and my father's arrival. Ganyu was pissed when she heard Xiao had hurt me again and she promised me she would hit him with a few arrows when she had the chance.
I told her she didn't have to, but she insisted, Madame Ping told me to let them both solve it between themselves and I accepted her suggestion.

The cut in my hand was almost healed and I was surprised when the child told me it would be okay by tonight so I wouldn't need gloves to hide it.

After they fed me breakfast Ganyu bathed me and Qiqi applied a new cream in my hand, they left Madame Ping and I alone, the older lady smiled at me.

- Do you want to look at wedding dresses now?
- Do you have any you suggest?
- Oh, I actually do, my empress. - she pulled a drawing from her vest and showed it to me. - It is very traditional, but I do think it would look gorgeous in you. Emperor Morax will be stunned.

The dress in the drawing was mostly red, full of golden details and blue near the end of the cloth. It looked something a goddess would wear, not a human, but I smiled as I agreed with my head.