Part 8 - Some time later

- You should eat more, my empress...

That was enough for Xiangling to push a new plate in front of me. I felt nauseous, not the food didn't look or smell good, it did. But that would be my third plate and my belly was already too full.

- Morax, please, I can barely breath, Xiangling, thank you, but that will be enough.
- But you are eating for two, you should eat more.

I eyed Morax across me on the table.

- And whose fault is that?

He laughed, seeing through my fake rage, his hand reaching mine as his long fingers caressed mine.

- Are you sure you don't want to eat more?
- I am.
- I'll trust you, then...
- You should, I'm the one carrying the baby.
- I offered to carry both of you, but you denied...
- You are such an overprotective dad already.

He smiled at me, golden eyes sparkling as I called him a dad, I chuckled, I was pleasantly surprised the whole impregnating thing was not just for the good of the empire or a kink, Morax smiled every time someone mentioned the baby in my womb.

- I'll be on my way, my emperor...

Xiangling faked a cough before exiting our chambers, I had completely forgotten that she was still here, if Morax remembered, he didn't seem to mind.
He got up from his place and walked all the way to me, getting on his knees as he forced his face against my belly, it had been a few month since we discovered our pregnancy but I couldn't say I was surprised, ever since we got married Morax had been cumming inside me at least twice every night I allowed him to.

- You look so beautiful carrying my child, Lumine... - his deep voice even lower as he forced a shiver out of me. - I might not resisting making you carry more than just one...
- Morax.... - I half-moaned his name as the shivers made it hard to talk. - Behave.
- No.

He chuckled, getting up from the ground and holding my thighs to his waist on the way, I held onto his neck as I laughed, eyes closed as I kissed his lips lightly.

- Just once. And be careful.
- I will.

It was not the first time Morax made love to me slowly, teasingly, I came twice before the came inside me, and he laughed as we cuddled on our bed, windows opened so I could see the lanterns he had put on the trees after out wedding as a marriage gift. He also allowed all of the concubines go home after we made sure none were carrying the previous prince's child on their womb.
I hoped our peace would last, and I hoped everyday could be as happy as everyday I've shared with Morax had been.

- You make me so happy. - I whispered him as he kissed my shoulders.
- I'm happy to hear that.
- I think I love you.

He stopped kissing me for a moment before he hugged me harder, pulling me against his body.

- Your bravery knows no limits indeed. - he caressed my hair as he looked me in the eyes. - I never thought you would be the one to say it first.
- First?
- I love you too, my Lumine.

He kissed me passionately after that and of course, as it always happened with us, Morax pulled me on top of him as he entered me again.
It was different and exciting to make love to Morax knowing he felt the same way I did. He called me love, and darling and dear as he left his body to me to do as I wanted. And we came together before he pulled me to spoon with him, his long arms around me as I nested in his chest.

When the twins came their names came as naturally as they could to us, Hope and Peace have their father's golden eyes and every time they smile at me my heart melt, Luck was born a year later, just like his sister's he has his father's eyes. The kids seem to be the talk of the town and the townspeople always bring gifts to their future leaders.
May they be as fair as their father, the god of contracts.

The end