The Temple

The snow was everywhere, thought the weather wasn't clement, the mountain remained beautiful in its white robe. She was thinking about all the events which brought her here. She was in the middle of nowhere, in the top of the Himalayan mountains. Confronted to the rudeness of the nature, freezing cold, she doubted many times about her path. But pursuing her guts, is what she has done all her life.

She thought about the husband she left, about her social and political implication in England. Everything in she's life is changed since she was alone, but she never thought herself in such situation. But after all, life brought her here, it must be for a reason.

She looked around her, she saw nothing but rocks and snow, then suddenly said to her friend "Juan!? Seems like we are going nowhere isn't it? Don't you mind the life you left behind? Don't you ask yourself what you do here with me? You know we maybe go nowhere, die freezing..."

He hesitantly said "Patience, time will say"

Just after those words, Juan dropped his bag on the ground, and shout out "Look, see beyond, it's just there in front of us, the temple behind the fog!"

She turned her eyes and perceived  the wall of the ancient monastery they was seeking for weeks. It was built along the mountainside of the one of the highest peak of Makahu in the Himalayas. She was tired, had even no force to feel happy. She continued to walk, congratulate herself about her ability to choose great companions.

She got closer to her guide and said "I doubted about you, but you were right. You prevented me about how difficult it will be, but we are finally here. I don't know how to thank you."

The guide was quite, then said indifferently,  "I know this place as my hand, you're not the first person I bring here. Do you think it's my first climb?" He laughed loudly and look at her eyes "There has been many, none of them got what you're looking for. Even me, I know the path, but I don't want to dig into what you seek. I climb the heights, but I know my limits. Do you think you're different from others? Will you grasp whatever you will be confronted to?"

She took his hand, looked at the temple  and said "Friend, there has been many, but here I am. I can't predict the future, but I will know soon." She pointed in the direction of the old monastery and said "All my investigations, my discoveries brought me here. Here's the answer to all ours questions. I must find out."

As they were walking under moon light, the reflection on the snow has altered the darkness of the night. They perceived a silhouette, someone in front of the gates, torch in hand. The fire projecting his shadow on the temple walls was creating a strange ambiance.

They joined the entrance and saluted the monk. As they entered the temple, the feeling of being in a safe place was the only thing in their minds. Without any words, the monk showed them their respective chambers. A rested and clear mind was needed to overcome tomorrow's difficulties.

The chamber was hot, her bed clean. There was little furniture, but she didn't mind at all.  She thought while laying on her bed "Maybe this harsh travel was the easiest part of our adventure". Loosing herself in the tiredness of a long travel, she fell slept, smile in her face.

The noise of the wind whistling in her chamber helped her sleep. Tomorrow she was about to meet the monk she was looking for, the man that the legends calls "The master of time".