Tip 1- Get to know yourself.

Tip one- Get to know yourself. 

I woke up to the sound of an alarm blaring in my ear. 

6:06. 

Damn. I heard a knock on my door as I reached for my glasses sitting on my bed side table. No sooner then the knock came, my older brother was standing in my room wearing his blue cardigan and his Not-too-skinny skinny jeans. As apposed to my bright red hair, he had light brown, combed to perfection.  

"Skyler the Brandy express leaves in half an hour." 
He kicked at the clothes laying on the floor as he walked out. 

And so It begins. I slipped on my jeans and my favourite blue plaid shirt and stood in front of the mirror. 

I sighed.

My hair looked like it came right off of a troll doll, and my pale arms didn't help much either. For lack of a better comparison, I looked like Hermione Granger and Ron Weaslys love child, minus the supper cool wizard powers. I grabbed my bag and headed up the stairs. 

"But Brandy I don't want to go to school!"

"Well you have to there's no way around it.." 

"But what if you just tell Mrs. P I'm sick!" 

That was my little brother. Zach. He was five, and very. Very. Very. Loud. I stepped in the kitchen to see him and Brandy sitting around our wooden table. Zach was wearing his favourite green dinosaur shirt, no Surprise really. He lived in that thing. Z-man had a head of curly red hair and a face of freakls, and I was glad some one in this family looked like me.

It seemed they had already finished up breakfast, so I made a piece of toast and they continued to argue. This was my every morning. My mom left for work downtown early and my dad was Typically out of town, so Brandy and I drove Zach to school. Other then the stop at Kindergarten, me riding with Brandy was quite convenient. He was in the 11th grade, and I in the 10th. 

"Alrighty little man," I turned and said, "it's time to go." I lifted him up and swung him under my arm, and he began to giggle insanely. 

"But- WackyJacky isn't here yet Skyler!" 

"I'm sure WackyJacky will show up." 

WackyJacky (or just Jackson) was our neibour. And Brandy's and I's best friend. We'd grown up knowing him and quite frankly he was Zachs favourite person in the world. We have him a ride to school every morning an he was in my Science class. Along with that he came to every single performance either Brandy or I was in. 

Brandy grabbed his coat and I shuffled Zachery out the door. Standing on our front porch was Jack. In his long grey hoodie and straight black jeans he looked taller then ever. Well he was pretty talk to start. 6'4 to be exact. 

"Hey little man!" He exclaimed as Zach jumped on his back for a piggy back. Jackson was a sweet guy. He had dark brown curly hair and bright blue eyes. His nose was a little crooked but his glasses typically hid it. Together they zoomed down the icy walk way and into the car Brandy was just firing up. 

"It's my turn to sit in the front!" Zach exclaimed hopping into the seat. As unsafe as it sounds we never made him sit in a at seat. 

"Then I guess I get the back with your beautiful sister don't I?" Jackson winked and me and Zach made a gagging noise as he buckled in. 

Jack was always saying dumb stuff like that. He liked to think of himself as flirtatious, I liked to think of him a awkward. 

Before I knew it we had pulled into Zachs kindergarten. 
"I have a call to make you two take him in..." Brandy muttered from up front. A "call" to make. We all knew it was to his girlfriend. They'd been fighting and he kept trying to apologize. We hopped out and I tock Zachs hand. 

"So what are you going to do today?" I asked him as he skipped next to me. 

"Paint."

"Paint what? A supper cool ninja army who can shoot lasers out of there eyes?!" Jack asked getting z-man really excited. 

What are you gunna do? Boys will be boys. 

We stepped up to the front doors of the school. "Ok give me a kiss. " I bent down, and he kissed me. 

Jackson leaned in to kiss me too but Zach put his hand over his mouth and giggled, "Not YOU WackyJacky!" 

"Oh not me?" He laughed giving Zach a hug goodbye. This was always my favouret part of the mornings. Soon we where back in the car with the emotionally bent brother.  

We talked on the way to school. About stupid things. About my barley passing marks in math and science. About the upcoming shows Brandy an I were in with our Improv team. Stupid things. 

When I got to school I said goodbye to the two of them. Since we get there two hours early, Jackson goes to the library, Brandy goes to get coffee and I meet my best friend- 
"SKYLER WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?"- Melissa. 

"Dropping off Zach! Like every morning!" She walked up to me carrying a walmart bag full of something. Her brown hair hung past her shoulders and she had on a baggy cardgigany-sweater thing. She pushed her glasses up on to her face. 
"TODAY IS KARLS BIRTHDAY EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE PREFECT! IM DECORATING HIS LOCKER COME!" She dragged me down the hall to decorate 
Karl's locker. Karl was a friend of ours from Advanced Social Study's. Melly had taken to him emediatly. I actually remember the day we made a bet to get his number. 

I said "hey... He's pretty cute!" And boom. A bet was made to see what one of us could get Karl's number first. Little did she know that I knew someone who had It. Madison. One of My other best friends. We met her and Lily last year and thus the two became four. These girls were my life, or at least my break from all the boys I had I home. I easily got Karl's number from Maddy ,and then gave it to Melly. Ever since that first week of high-school Melissa's been obsessed with him. So today we get to decorate his locker. 

Yay.