....

The smell of freshly cut grass fills the air. A pure harmony echoes through the tops of the towering trees. Blinding bright yellow rays reflecting off rooftops awaking the hidden sounds. The smell of pretty buttercups and daisies occupy the air on the beautiful spring morning. New-born animals are brought into the extraordinary world by their proud mothers. The bees buzz through the forest of flowers while a colony of wild bunnies peer out of their cosy homes. Litters of piglets scamper out of their snug home, ready to greet the day. A flock of chickens leave the coop to search for a meal while a bunch of playful precious puppies popped out of their protective home. The little kitten wanders out of its tiny cat tower called home.

The green hills roll over acres of land like calm waves in the ocean. I walk down the track waiting, to see what is in store for me today. Every day there is something to do and another snapshot to take. A large mountain sits in the background of a floppy-eared pig munching on tall grass. Pulling out my phone to get the correct perspective of the marvellous landscape, I kneel, wondering what is going on in her brain that is so similar to our own. The young piglets invade the mother's quiet, spare morning with snuffles and confusion as they approach me to observe why I've encroached their home.

I continue my journey down the farm to visit the precious puppies. Their fluffy fur is softer than a teddy bear. They are the masters of joy and loyal companions, reflecting as a mirror to what I try to be. In seconds my face is covered with slobber with sandpaper licking my cheek. One peculiar pup stands out with mismatching eyes and eyes glowing a misty and amber sheen expressing pure nature. An excited pooch leaps on my quadriceps, wagging its eager tail. Then the satin fur of the mini kitten with soft pads bounce on the hard wooden floor. Her glowing jade eyes sparkle in the dark corners of the room. As she pounces out at my feet with her retractable claws, I flinch. The sensitive whiskers tickle my toes as she sniffs my feet.

A scent of newly cut grass made into complete hay bales lying abandoned, waiting for something to take them away. Pieces of leftover hay lie on the field like unwanted clippings on a hairdresser's floor. Loud tractor engines start up, ready to grab the first load of hay. I get to the open paddock and jump into the buggy with the trailer attached, ready to start taking them away. The annual accomplishment of stacking bales and the fresh scent waits till next year. It has been an enjoyable day. I can shut my eyes and listen to the alluring sounds knowing there will be something special for me tomorrow. The clear moonless night displays stars as a gentle breeze flits across the fields. The countryside has a charm which is my home.