twenty - seven | ❝ the dark mark ❞

[ 𝖼𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾𝖽 ] ༉‧₊˚✧

——THE DARK MARK ; 𝟬𝟮𝟳「❀」| 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣

「❀」| 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣 . 𝟮𝟳

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
THE ONE WITH THE DARK MARK
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
❰ 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗁 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋 ❱

——"DON'T TELL YOUR MOTHER YOU'VE BEEN GAMBLING," MR WEASLEY IMPLORED FRED AND GEORGE, AS THEY ALL MADE THEIR WAY SLOWLY DOWN THE PURPLE - CARPETED STAIRS.

     "don't worry, dad," said fred gleefully, "we've got big plans for this money, we don't want it confiscated."

     as mr weasley was about to ask what their 'big plans' were, eliza had bumped into someone, who shrieked and stepped away, gaining everyone's attention.

     "oh, i'm so sorry!" said a woman with a rather strong accent.

     eliza looked up, standing in front of her was a girl, hardly over the age of seventeen. she was wearing silk blue dress, a pair of white tights and fancy white flats. her beauty truly was something, her nose was small, shaped perfectly on her face, in between her green eyes, which were spaced out evenly. her jawline was sharp, as though if you were to put something there, it would cut it easier than a knife. her lips were slightly big, not too big, but big, soft and red. she was short, about an inch shorter than eliza, still tall.

     "it's alright . . ." said eliza, entranced by her. "fleur delacour, am i right?"

     "er — yes?" said fleur, also dazed by eliza.

    "it's nice to meet you," said eliza, sticking out her hand and greeting her properly, certainly not making her uncomfortable.

     "it's nice to meet you, too," said fleur, and she accepted elizas hand, and then sped off with her family. her little sister waved sweetly before being pulled off by her sister.

     "oh come on, ya big oaf," said james, having to pull eliza out of her daze and dragging her along with them.

     "she's pretty," eliza slurred dreamily.

     "she really was," said ron, "but why?"

     "delacours have veela blood," said mr weasley matter of factly.

     they were caught up in the crowds now flooding out of the stadium and back to their campsites. raucous singing was borne towards them on the night air as they retraced their steps along the lantern - lit path, and leprechauns kept shouting over theirs heads, cackling and waving their lanterns. when they finally reached the tents, nobody felt like sleeping at all and, given the level of noise around them, mr weasley agreed that they could all have one last cup of cocoa together before turning in. they were soon arguing enjoyably about the match; mr weasley got drawn into a disagreement about cobbing with charlie, and it was only when ginny fell asleep right at the tiny table and spilled hot chocolate all over the floor that mr weasley called a halt to the verbal replays and insisted that everyone went to bed. hermione and ginny went into the next tent, and harry, james and the rest of the weasleys changed into pyjamas and clambered into their bunks. from the other side of the campsite they could still hear roars and bad singing, and an odd echoing bang.