Vol. 1: Murder Family

"Dad, dad, dad! Wake up, dad!"

Striker covered his head with his pillow, grunting. But it was no use as the intruder hopped on his bed. "Kiddo, unless there's a wild animal or a homeless drunk inside the house, go away and let me sleep."

"Daaad, you promised that you'd take me along to the living world this time!"

Striker took a peek at the clock on his bedside table. "Not at 5:36 AM, boy. Couldn't ye wait until I'm actually awake?"

"What am I supposed to do 'till then?"

"I don't know, use yer imagination."

"But dad—" Out of patience, Striker bared his teeth at his son, tail rattling. Jake raised his hands defensively. "Okay, okay, I'm leavin'."

Once the door closed shut, Striker went back to sleep... For about thirty seconds, that is, until the door slammed open and Jake jumped into his bed again, screaming in fright and knocking the air out of his father.

"What the fuck, Jake?!" Striker all but shrieked.

"There's a spider in the livin' room!"

"... What?"

"Spider!"

"And why didn't ye squash it?!"

"It's a big spider!"

Striker's eye twitched. With an irritated grunt, he got off the bed, rolled up a porno magazine on his bedside drawer, and stomped his way downstairs towards the living room, Jake trailing closely behind.

"I can't believe it. A son of mine is afraid of a tiny, insignificant..." Striker trailed off and stopped in the doorway. A hog-sized hellantula was tearing the couch apart with big, sharp mandibles. "Boy, go get the rifle."

Once the issue with the spider was taken care of, Striker found himself unable to go back to sleep after the fiasco, so he went to the kitchen and poured himself a big cup of black coffee before making breakfast. Thankfully, Blitzo wasn't inside his fridge this time, though he made a mental note to get some more groceries.

As he served the fried eggs and wild hog bacon, Jake walked into the kitchen. He wiped some swear off his brow. 

"Dad, wouldn't it have been easier if we cut up the spider's carcass and take it out piece by piece?" he whined.

"And make a bigger mess I'll have to clean up? No, thank you." Striker placed one of the plates in front of his son. Jake frowned.

"Puaj. Tomato."

"Stop complaining and eat, boy. It's good for you."

They ate in silence for the first few minutes. Striker would subtly glance in Jake's direction every now and then, smirking internally at the boy's expressions while he begrudgingly ate his vegetables.

"So, ready for today?" he asked casually.

Jake's expression brightened. "How's the livin' world like? Is it cool? Does it look anythin' like hell?"

"Ye could say so. The only difference is that there are humans livin' there instead of demons."

"Humans?"

"Well, ye've seen the clients at I.M.P, right? They used to be humans during their lifetime. When they died, they came to Hell and became Sinner demons because they did bad things in life. However, some of them have..." Striker toyed with his bacon as he thought of a proper word. "...pendin' business with someone in the livin' world. Our job is to finish that business in the client's stead."