06 : 𝖧𝗂𝗀𝗁-𝖴𝗉 𝖦𝖾𝗍𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗒

[🏞️]

All that Y/N knew the following day was that she was seated tight on the passenger's side of Beomgyu's car the very next day. To her curiosity and astonishment, he had promised a quick getaway somewhere quite far from the hustle and bustle of Daegu. Where they were headed to, she had no clue.

It was rainy and cold. The 6 AM sun was hiding behind a thick curtain of gray clouds. The windshield wiper and raindrops set a rhythmic tune alongside with the low grumbling of the air conditioner. Y/N felt sleepy. She shifted on her seat, head leaning against the foggy window. Beomgyu glanced at her.

"Look, I'm sorry if you had to wake early." He chuckled fondly. "It's going to be a long drive. Don't worry, just go back to sleep and I'll let you know when we're there."

She rubbed her eyes. "What about you? You look restless. Did you even sleep last night?"

"No, I didn't. If I drift off, I might as well just crash this car."

"Beomgyu!"

He cackled. "You know I'm playing, Y/N. Go on. Take a nap or anything. I'll be okay."

Beomgyu turned on the car radio. A soothing voice of a male DJ sent more chills to the surroundings. Y/N paid her companion one last look; he sure did look tired too. Well, if anything, he'd be credited for being the one to pack the tent and food inside the trunk. He has done enough and it seemed as if he deserved a break too.

"Who'd have thought this is how the pieces fit. You and I shouldn't even try making sense of it."

Y/N felt her lids getting heavy as soon as a soft, ballad song played. She crossed her arms, freezing fingertips seeking warmth in a cream cardigan she borrowed from Beomgyu's closet.

"I forgot how we ever came this far. I believe we had reasons but I don't know what they are."

"So blame it on my heart, oh." Beomgyu quietly sang along.

"Love moves in mysterious ways. It's always so surprising when love appears over the horizon."

She could hear him tapping against the steering wheel. She bet his hooded eyes were focused on the wet road. She could sense cars passing by theirs. So much for a cozy weather, Y/N just wanted to rest.

"I'll love you for the rest of my days. But still it's a mystery. Oh, how you ever came to me. Which only proves love moves in mysterious ways."