16 : 𝖠𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗅 𝖠𝗌𝖼𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀

[📻]

"Y/N."

I turned to face the heaven's gates opening. Archangel Anne was standing beside me. God's voice called through the clouds. I took a step forward, and another, until I finally entered His kingdom.

"I'm scared.."

Anne tapped my back. "There's nothing to be afraid of, dear."

Angels surrounded us, smiling down at me with their calm faces. I glanced up at them, my weariness washing away. I loved the way their white robes glimmer with the finest embroideries, their halo floating over their heads, and their cream wings fold behind. I wish I could end up like them.

"Halt, my child."

Anne and I stopped before a temple made of marble. Its giant doors were closed. There were two male angels standing either side to guard it.

"You've had a job well done, Y/N." God praised.

"Thank you, Father."

"Although," He added. "I am pained to see you make such a huge sacrifice."

I blinked down. "It's okay.. I know he'll be better soon.."

"That I could guarantee. You've changed him in many ways. Archangel Anne, I credit you for your guidance."

She lowered her head. "It is by grace and honor to serve You, Father."

"It is indeed moving to witness Y/N's bravery and patience throughout her days."

I simply nodded. I clasped my hands together, fiddling with my cold fingertips. I wanted to ask for another chance. Maybe go down once more. But I knew it would be too impossible; besides, it would hurt if I'd bid goodbye again.

"Y/N."

"Yes, Father?"

"May I know what's bothering you?"

I gulped. "There are mixed emotions in me. I'm quite nervous."

"Please, smile." He cooed. "For I welcome you to heaven."