Chapter 15.

I can't get his words out of my head

"You're fucking dead, Monica"

I'm terrified. I can't eat, I can't sleep. And the one person I can count on to cheer me up has completely disappeared.

It's been five days. Five days of nightmares, five days of having my phone on silent so I don't have to be on eggshells if he calls. But the one that effecting me most, it's been five days without Caleb.

He hasn't answered a single phone call or text. Every thought possible has gone through my head but not one has been realistic.

Caleb wouldn't be on my dads side undercover. I have to keep reminding myself of that. I'm not in an action movie. This is real life.

I'm really worried about him. I haven't known him long, just short of a month, but it feels like I've known him forever.

At the start of this journey, I always thought to myself that a relationship would ruin my college experience, but instead, without Caleb, I wouldn't have an experience. I, of course, will always have my friends, but he's brought out more sides to me that I ever thought I had.

I just want to know, I want to know if he's okay.

Just someone, please tell me Caleb's okay.

I caught myself looking at the sky last night, I was checking to see if any of the stars were brighter than the night before, if there were any signs that could tell me he had left and done the worse, but there was no stars, not one in sight.

I was sobbing into a pillow from then on and here I am still, holding that same pillow up on my arms as I rest against, watching the sunrise out of the window.

I haven't slept, I think that's obvious.

"Class is in ten minutes." Leah knocks on my door and I snuffle, wiping my face as I turn to see her.

"I know, thank you." I choke on a sob as I say this.

"You don't have to go, it's understandable if you don't." She says.

"I can't stay here all day." I shake my head, trying to clear my face of tears. "I can't stay like this."

"Do you want me to wait for you? We have first class together."

"It's okay, you can go." I sigh, "I need to get ready anyway, I wouldn't want to make you late."

"You sure?" She asks.

"I'm sure, I'm meet you in class."

"I love you, M."

"I love you too." I give her a sad smile and she closes the door behind her.

Going to class is probably the last thing I should do, but laying in bed seems to be making me feel worse. I can't do anything here, Caleb won't answer my messages and as much as I fucking care for him, I can't put my life on hold for silence.