Part 1

Eleanor Bishop Pov.
My blaring alarm is the first thing I hear the amount of frustration that overtakes my body is ridiculous. I swing my legs over my bed standing up before I walk over to the bathroom and turn on the light. It takes a minute for my eyes to adjust to the bright light, but I pull my hair back into a low ponytail before washing and moisturizing my face. I brush my teeth then take down my hair contemplating what I should do with it. I decided to curl my hair.

On the last strand of hair, I twist my hair around the curling wand. I accidentally touch the wand with my hand and the heat burns my wrist "Ouch, damn it," I growl at myself. I spray my hair with hair spray and shake out my curls before I examine my wrist. My skin was lighter in the center of the burn and dark around the edges.

I call Jimmy. My phone rings a few times before he picks up. "Hey Bishop, do we have a case?" I can hear a child playing in the background and automatically feel bad for interrupting.

"No, I was calling because I burned my wrist while curling my hair," I explain

"Oh, I can take a look at it when you get to work," I can also hear the exhaustion in his voice.

"Thank you I'll see you in 30,"

"See ya," he says before I hang up trying to quickly let him get back to what he was doing with his daughter.

I apply simple makeup to my face then I walk into my closet putting on a black v-neck shirt with black leggings; I pull a charcoal gray blazer on then put on my usual gold jewelry and black heels. I spritz the first perfume I see on myself and then grab my bag and phone before walking out the door.

-------

"I'm telling you, Jack, at least likes him," McGee says, his voice too loud for an elevator.

"What universe are you living in where you think Gibbs would marry a non-redhead?" I laugh

"Well, I think this one," he smirks as the elevator doors open and we walk out of the metal box into the puke orange room.

"I doubt it," I smile, still not able to picture them together.

We walk over to the bullpen and I set my bag down at my desk and pull out my laptop, opening it and typing in my password. My stomach growls. I try to ignore it but I can't concentrate on my unread emails so I get up from my desk. "Where are you going?" McGee asks since we just sit down.

"Something to eat," I say and he nods. I walk past the elevator back the hallway to the kitchenette. I put a few quarters in the vending machine before I press the button for cheez-itz. The bag drops and I grab it out of the bottom of the machine. I open the bag and eat a few cheese crackers. They are exactly what I needed.

"I really need to start eating breakfast before I leave in the morning," I say to myself before walking back to my desk.

I hear the elevator ding and see Jimmy walking over to me. "Hey, Ellie do you want me to take a look?" he asks

"Yea," I say I scooch out a little so I didn't have to get up and Jimmy's gets on his knees sitting in front of me. He puts on some gloves and I take off my blazer showing him where I burnt myself.

"It's still hot," he touches the burn I wince in pain "Sorry, I'm going to put on an antibiotic cream it's probably going to burn too," he says matter of factly

He puts the cream on my burn "What the hell, Jimmy," I say that a little louder than I wanted to but the cream made my skin feel like it was being cut into.

"I'm sorry," he says "I'll-"

He's cut off my Gibbs "What the hell are you doing, Palmer? We have a case."