Chapter Forty Eight

So here's Y/N's squad that I made on art breeder

So here's Y/N's squad that I made on art breeder. I thought it might be helpful to have faces in mind while reading :)

Yeah I know, I'm absolutely SICK at editing. You don't need to tell me.

I will give more information at the bottom of this chapter, but this mission will not follow the anime or manga. Just so you know and don't freak out in my comments lol.

Anyways, enjoy! x

---

"Alright, now change direction!" I called out after them.

I was standing at the end of an empty alleyway in Trost distract, watching my squad work their way through using their odm gear. Although I had started training from the first day, it was still clear that they needed a lot more practice in order to reach their full potentials. Luckily, the mission today was not high risk.

They started to make their way back to me, the whole squad being lead by Isak. His black hair flew past his face as he came bolting back towards me, acting as though it was a race. Logan and Daxton where right behind him as well, leaving Emeline and Maja to bring up the rear. Erwin had notified me about Maja's struggles with odm gear, but she has steadily improved in only a few days. She was a fast learner.

Emeline on the other hand...

Isak landed on the ground next to me harshly, then turned his head to give me a grin. "Too easy," he commented. Many of the others were on the ground with us by now, leaving only Em in the air. They began to gather around me, just as Isak slipped an arm around my waist and leaned in close to me. I rolled my eyes as he said, "I know you're going easy on me Captain, but I promise you, I can handle your wrath."

The snap of a cable interrupted my response, along with a loud grunt from Isak. Emeline had come in hot from the air and collided with him. Isak was now flat on his back, staring at Emeline towering above him. "What about my wrath?" She smirked.

Isak just smiled humourlessly while pushing back up to his feet. "You always seem to ruin the Captain and I's moments."

"There aren't any moments to begin with," I sighed. After only four days with him, he has already taken too much of a liking to me. But he's young, so it's nothing too serious. That doesn't stop Em though.

"Don't even bother, she isn't interested," Emeline laughed to herself, then continued, "besides, she would NEVER date someone shorter than her."

I brought a hand up to rub my eyes, clearly disappointed in her sarcasm.

"Hey now, I'm in my growing stage. I'll be past her in a few months." Isak defended. Emeline just raised her eyebrows, which made Isak go on, "Not all of us can be as enormous as you."

"Oh yeah?" Emeline jumped towards him and wrapped her arm around his neck, putting him in a headlock. "What's that supposed to mean?" She ruffled his hair with her fist while making him walk away. Isak continued to laugh as Em dragged him down the hill, continuing her interrogation.