06: A House Full Of Mini Brauns

The next day I sat by myself in the grassier part of campus, enjoying the spring sun all by myself. Although I wish Tootsie was with me, I knew he was having fun whoring around with other lady cats or knocking my things down for fun.

Imagine being a cat... how fun would that be. No work or anything... just mucking around and murdering rodents for your owner.

Hah...

"She's talking to herself again." I heard people from in front of me. I turned my head up to find two girls and one boy each giving me a dirty glare. My cheeks warmed up in embarassment. I don't mean to do that- I just get deep in thought.

But if you think about it, embarassment isn't as deep as it seems.

"Who's the friend your talking to darling?" One of the boys asked, smacking his lips as he chewed bubblegum. I cringed at the noise and stayed silent, unaware of the tall figures from behind them.

"Y/n. You said you'd hang out with us!" Pieck and Zeke interrupted the annoying trio. I hopped up and grabbed my bag, ready to get away from their judgemental stares.

Ignoring them was the best I could do, they just treat me like a pet because I'm silent towards them.

"Y/n." My gaze trailed up to find Reiner walking towards me with his usual intimidating stance and size. "Hi... Rei," I waved awkwardly.

"Rei? Never heard that one before." Pieck teased.

Reiner hummed and blinked dumbfoundedly. "Neither have I." I chuckled sheepishly and fidgeted with the handle of my bag, not having anything to say.

Pieck shot me a side eye before continueing on.

After an entire day of switching Sawney between the both of us, I finished the school day with Sawney in my arms, waiting for Reiner at the front gates. We were supposed to go to workshop for art supplies- to create the mega gigantic Sea Penis.

I was scrolling through pictures of them on my phone, finding the imitation somewhat interesting. How does our universe manage to do that? It's like all the Earths artpieces formed into one. The ideas and thoughts match up, just as the galaxy and our bodies...

Amazing...

My eyes trailed up at the feeling of the soft wind brushing my hair gently away from my face, guiding my eyes to the soft clouds embedded in the bright blue sky. A beautiful day, gentle wind, soft sunlight and giggles from passing by humans.

Is this all I ever need? To stay sane?

"Y/n, you good?" I heard a few snickers from behind me, realising it was the usual 'haha you're a weirdo' but the fact that they were right behind me looking directly at the sea penises on my phone.

"You humpin those too?" He scoffed with his friend. I put on a deadpan expression and ignored them. Those rumours started for a reason. Sure it's irritating to have people talk to you like you're some freak show but I technically was asking for it.

"Y/n." My dull gaze averted higher, towards the hazel eyes of a certain blond. "Are they annoying you?" Unknowingly, I gripped my phone harder, embarassed that he must have heard what they said.

Before I could answer, the two were already leaving. Reiner was so depressed and wholesome yet, people felt threatened by him? I don't blame them, I would shit myself if he approached me with an angry face.

Still, he was wholesome and even Tootsie could confirm it. I smiled gratefully and motioned for us to start walking with my hand and a turn of my heel.

He followed on like a determined puppy, holding Sawney as if he were a basketball. Man he sure didn't like responsibility.

I stole a glimpse of him and grinned in thought, he cocked his head to the side curiously. "What's so funny?" He asked.