Chapter 7

*A/N*

Hey guys, sorry I've been away for so long. I've been busy lately and I haven't had much inspiration either. I trying to come up with new things to put into chapters, but its been so hectic for me, I don't have time to think about my stories much. Anyways, I'll be trying more now so I can keep the storis going. And BTW thank you all for 4K reads. It may not seem like much but I never thought my stories would get noticed by people. It feels amazing that people like my stories and enjoy reading my work. This next chapter is for you guys.

*Sofia's POV*

The next day as I was at my locker, Keaton greeted me with and eager smile. "Have you found any potential homecoming dates for me yet?" he asked.

"Keats, it's only been a day, so I haven't seen much, but I have one girl in mind. She's a freshman like you, and I think you have geometry together. She's not in the popular crowd, so hopefully she's not rude, and she's really pretty. Marikit [Beautiful]," I say.

"Who?" he asks, his eyes brightening up.

"Her name is Sara Davis I think."

"Sara Davis? Brown, curly hair, brown eyes, about 5'3", tan skin?" he asks, incredulously.

"Yep, I think that's her. Something wrong with that?" I say, confused.

"No, no, no no no. But she's way out of my league. Sofie, I'd never have a chance with her."

"Sure you do. Come on Keats, don't sell yourself short. You may not be as 'all eyes on me, I'm hot' like your brother, but you're boyishly handsome and adorably cute. You believe in yourself, you'll make others believe it too. I believe in you Keaton, you so have a chance with her trust me," I grin, patting his chest.

"Well, then you're gonna have to help me with this. 'Cause if this doesn't work, you're gonna be my homecoming date," he says nervously. With that, I shut my locker and let Keaton walk me to class.

*Wes' POV*

"... You're gonna be my homecoming date," was all I heard Keaton say before they walked away. Was Sofia considering going to homecoming with Keaton? Why does Keaton always have to go after the things I want? First music, and now Sofia.

I mean I don't like Sofia or anything, or at least I don't think I do. It's just that she's supposed to be my tutor, not Keaton's. And now she's his friend and she's always rubbing it in my face that she gets along with him so well and not me. Always hanging around our house and having a grand ol' time with my little brother.

I don't have a date to homecoming yet, but I'll be changing that soon.

*Sofia's POV*

During lunch, I found Sara in the library, reading 'Water for Elephants'.

"Great book," I said. She jumped, startled by my sudden appearance."I'm sorry," I laughed. "Didn't mean to scare you," I chuckle and take a seat on the floor next to her.

"Oh, don't worry. I just get so sucked into a book that you forget there's a reality, you know?" she asked, perring down at the novel.

"Yeah, I get that. That's my favorite part of reading. You get to sort of live in this fictional world that's oddly ideal and you almost experience life in that realm. You get to be a character that deals with simple problems, while escaping your own real problems," I sigh.

"Exactly. Whew, I thought I was just a nerd for being the only person to feel that way," she laughed.

"Oh trust me, there's more of us. The rest just don't like to admit they can read, let alone enjoy it," I say rolling my eyes.