Chapter 4

*Sofia's POV*

The next day, I sat in the library waiting for Wesley. It was coming up on four o'clock and there was still no sign of him. Getting impatient, I went to the main part of the library to see is anyone else needed a last minute tutor.

When I see no one waiting, I sigh and go back to my table. I pull The Perks of Being a Wallflower form my backpack, and pick up where I left last off.

When I finish Part 2 of the book, the clock on the wall reads 4:25. I sigh and start putting my stuff away. Just as I pick up my bag to leave, the door opens. I don't bother to look, figuring it's just someone leaving.

"What are you doing?" I hear behind me. I turn to see Wesley with heated cheeks, shirt wrinkled, and SnapBack over disheveled hair.

"Leaving. If I don't have a student by four, I usually leave. And since there's no last minutes today, I have nothing else to do," I say before turning back around and heading for the exit.

"But I'm here. You're supposed to tutor me," he says.

"Yeah, and you were supposed to be here an hour and a half ago. Guess we all have uncommitted obligations, huh?" I say, still not looking back at him.

"But I'm here now, we can just do it now can't we?"

"Not today."

"Why not?" he asks like a whiny child. That's when I finally turn around and face him.

"Because, you were supposed to be her an hour and a half ago, but you decided that making out with your girlfriend was more important than passing Algebra. You're lucky I waited this long for you, anybody else and I would've been gone fifteen minutes ago. I put my time into this for everybody but myself. The least you could do is get this done before you go off to your girlfriend, walang pakundangan mo turukin," I rant before turning again.

"Sofia, you can't speak Filipino with me. You won't get through to me," he says with a smirk obvious in his voice.

"There's a reason I speak Filipino with you, I can say anything and you'd never understand. And trust me that's the only reason I will ever speak to you in Filipino, so you don't understand the insults I'm giving you," I laugh.

"Well, I could give two shit about what insults you throw at me. Just have the balls to say it in English if you're going to do it," he scoffs.

"Fine, you inconsiderate prick. I know who you are, what kind of person you are. You're the jerk that walks all over everyone 'beneath' you. You think you're the shit because you have 'good looks' and you're a player taut has a different slut every week. You think that being Mr. Popular is the most important thing and you could care less about anyone or anything else. There are so many people here that deserve so much of what you get because they actually work for things. I hope you know that your little brother is ashamed of you. He's never say to you or anyone else, but you can see it, if you ever really payed close attention to anyone but yourself. Do you really want that? He looks up to you, but what he sees, he doesn't like. He has to live I this shadow that you've cast on him and he'll probably never be able to get rid of it. He's a sweet kid, and that's the only reason no one realizes he's your brother. Do you really want that for him? And do you think your mom is proud that you see all these different girls? You need to take a step back and look at the consequences of your actions, not only for yourself but for your family. And if you can't do that, I'm sorry for anyone in your life," I finish.

"What right do you have to judge me? I've never done anything to you. I mean your just Adrian Santos' pathetic little cousin. As far as I'm concerned, you just like Keaton. Are you ashamed of Adrian? Like Lacey said yesterday, you're the loser nobody whose only friend is an awkward freshman. And you tutor people in your spare time, you have no place to judge me about my free time when you have no life," he smirks.