Chapter 2

*A/N- IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE OUTFITS DESCRIBED IN ANY OF MY STORIES, GO TO http://gillybean1299.polyvore.com .  I DON'T LIKE TO PUT LINKS & CREATING THE COLLAGES HELP ME VISUALIZE THEIR APPEARANCE.*

Chapter 2

*Sofia's POV*

I walk into school with my head down, trying avoid anymore embarrassment after yesterday's events. As I made my way to my locker, I bump into a figure just taller than me.

"Fuck, really?" I mutter to myself. I look up to see Keaton with a little smirk playing on his lips. "Sorry," I breathe.

"S'all good. But you should really watch out for us Stromberg boys, we're the easiest targets," he smirks.

"Haha. You Stromberg boys are a hazard to clumsy, innocent people like me. I don't need anymore embarrassment or an accident from anyone, especially you two," I laugh.

"Yeah, well, I came to ask you what you were doing after school today," Keaton asks.

"Uhm, well I have tutoring after school today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Why" I reply.

"You get tutoring? Aren't you, like, the top student in your grade?" he asks, confusion tinting his voice.

"I do have the highest GPA in my grade, but I give tutoring to struggling students so I can pull in some money," I say.

"Oh, well, that's cool. I just wanted to hang out with you. Be nice to be around someone with even the slightest bit of brains compared to my brother's 'friends'," he says, putting air quotes around 'friends'.

"Well, thanks. It'd be cool to have a friend other than my family. But you should come to the library after school. That's where I do the tutoring. We can raise any grade that you want. I've been told that the way I teach is easier to understand than the way the teachers do," I smirk before walking away.

I get my Physics and Pre-Cal books, and head to class.

*~*~*

After school, I stand at my locker, putting my stuff away, and wait for Adrian. We always meet up at my locker after everyone else left, making sure no one saw us. I never wanted anything to do with the spotlight. School has always been about learning for me, not popularity and who's hooking up with whom. Seeing as how Adrian was the star of the school's basketball team, we never socialized at school. I didn't want to get drawn into his world of high school popularity. It was always easier for me to keep to myself.

I am drawn out of my thoughts ny Adrian speaking from behind me. "You look pretty today, prinsesa," he smirks, observing my outfit. I am wearing a strapless red dress with buttons on the front. a black 3/4 sleeve cardigan, gold and red bangles, my mother's wedding ring, a locket from my father, red rose earrings, black, low top Chuck Taylor's, and my glasses with my hair straightened.

"I am not a princess, Adi," I sigh.

"What no 'Kuya'? Is someone slipping from their heritage?" he says, adding a sarcastic gasp.

"You know I would never stray from heritage, Kuya. It would disappoint my ina, [mother]" I mutter.

"Hey. Your ina would never be disappointed in you. You have exceeded any expectations anyone has had for you and you are still true to who you are and what you believe in. That's all anyone can ask for. I love you and so does everyone else, especially your ina," he says. bringing me into a hug. I hug back, breathing in his scent of cheap cologne.

"Thanks Kuya. I love you, too. I have to go for tutoring, but I'll see you when I get home. Bye, Adrian," I say, heading to the library.

Once I get there, I set up my table and wait for my person to come up. I take out some paper and start working on some homework. About five minutes later, a figure takes the seat across from me. Without looking up, I ask, "Grade and subject?"