Nightmares

A/N 11/21/2021: This oneshot was rewritten in my other book "Luffy x Reader one-shots book"
Go check it out! The chapter name is "Nightmares (Reewriten)"!

A/N 09/08/2021: This book was written in May and I'm writing this in September. I'm going to leave the book as it originally was, I'm just going to edit small details. Because I want to see my evolution.

This is inspired by the one shot of amateur_flower "human" go check out their amazing work!
It's also the first time I publish a fanfiction, and english is not my main linguage so maybe can have some mistakes, but I hope you like it!
Words: 1123
.....................
............
.....

It was a peaceful cold night, everyone slept peacefully wrapped in their blankets on the
comfortable mattresses and pillows of
their beds.

Except one, who had been suffering from nightmares all night.

He sat upright on the bed, while a labored breath left his system and body glistening with sweat. Tears streaming from his eyes.

'Same nightmare again.' Luffy thought to himself.

He looked around and his companions continued to sleep without a care in their lives. He gave a relieved smile.
But, he was afraid to go back to sleep and keep having nightmares, he wanted company and comfort, and he could only think of one person, his lover, who slept in another room.

He wiped away his tears, put his hat on his head, put on his sandals and quietly left the room and walked to the door of (Y/N)'s room.

(A/n: yes, here you have your own room)

He knocked a few times and waited, nothing, he knocked a little harder and heard a tired "I'm going.", then the door opened to reveal a (Y/N) in her pajamas rubbing one of her eyes, trying to stay awake. "Hi (Y/N)!" Luffy said, trying to act cheerful.
When (Y/N) looked at his face automatically, her eyes widened, it was more than obvious that he had just cried and his body was drenched in sweat.

"Luffy, what happened? Is everything okay?" She put her hand on his face. The concern was clear in her expression and voice.
Luffy went rigid for a moment, his eyes slightly wide, the warmth of (Y/N)'s hand against his cheek was magical for him, he just wanted more and more.

"O-Of course I'm fine! Why w-wouldn't I be?... I just wanted to s-see you." He lied with a fake smile. Soon he looked away.
(Y/N) gave him a knowing but still worried look, "Luffy, who are you kidding? You really think I'm going to believe you woke me up in the middle of the night because you wanted to see me? You were crying weren't you?" (Y/N) said running her thumb over his scar below his right eye. Luffy was surprised for a moment, before accepting defeat and placing his hand over (Y/N), pressing his cheek against her hand.

"I forgot that you are clever like Robin, and that I can never lie to you." Luffy said, "It is not that I am clever, it is that you are a terrible liar." (Y/N) said with a chuckle lighting up the climate.

"Come here, come in." (Y/N) said, putting one arm on Luffy's back, guiding him into the room and into her bed. She closed the door and sat down next to him.
"Luffy, tell me what happened." She looked at him, waiting for his answer.

"... I had a nightmare." he was hesitant about that.
"Was it about Ace?"
"... Not just him, but everyone, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook... you." He paused for a moment, he seemed lost in thought as she waited patiently he continue.

"... I saw Ace die in front of me, but everything suddenly went black and when I realized everyone was in front of me, I was very happy to see everyone, but then they started saying things like "I am no longer their captain", "someone so weak cannot be our captain", "that they just wasted their time with me", I panicked when everyone started to walk away... so I looked at you, and you said "It's all over between the two of us, I don't want to see you anymore. This is where our promises will be broken." And you started to walk away... and... left me a-a-alone...." Luffy's voice started to break and soon he was crying to death. Biting his lip trying not to make too much noise.

(Y/N) instantly brought him close and placed his forehead on her shoulder, her left hand moving up and down his back while the right hand stroked his black hair.

"Don't worry, it's okay now. I won't let anything happen to you." (Y/N) whispered softly to him, leaving small kisses on his neck up to his jaw, trying to calm him down.
Luffy did not hesitate to hug her back, his arms around her waist as he buried his face from the curve of her neck, enjoying the feeling of the comforting warmth.

Soon he started to sob and sniff, indicating he was calming down, which made (Y/N) smile. "Better?" She asked and he nodded, still buried in her neck.
"(Y/N), thank you... for everything you've done and do for me, I love you." "You don't need to thank me, I will always be here when you need me, and I love you too." (Y/N) said, then she felt a slight kiss on the neck, which made her smile even more.

Luffy walked away, wiping away tears, he looked at (Y/N) with a shy smile, a slight flush on his cheeks, "If it's not a nuisance, can I sleep here tonight?" He asked, hoping the answer was 'yes'.
"Of course! What kind of monster would I be if I said 'no'?" She replied in a humorous tone, which made them both laugh.

Soon the two were comfortably nestled together, Luffy leaning against her chest while his arms were wrapped around her waist, (Y/N) hugging him gently while playing with his black hair, "Good night." Luffy murmured, leaving a little muffled against her chest but she heard, "Good night, if anything happens I will be right here by your side." She said, kissing his forehead. Soon the two lovebirds fell asleep, without nightmares, just a peaceful sleep in their lover's warm embrace.
.....................
............
.....

A/N: Oh man I loved writing this so much! My heart is warm and it feels very relaxing ☺
I hope that you enjoyed! Consider leaving a vote or comment, that would make me very happy! Bye Bye

~MissMafi | Markii ❤