Chapter 1: Mall

"What- what do you mean you don't know!?" Spirit shouted out.

"I never really realized I was in love with anyone I guess??"

"Ok- you know what? Just- tell me, is there anyone you feel insecure around..?"

"Uhhh... Everyone??"

"Everyone- How are you insecure around everyone!?"

"I just feel like I'm... Really basic, you feel me?"

"I- I don't think your that basic... Besides, that's a big part of your charm!"

"Ah... Thanks..!" Senpai chuckled before hacking up two petals instead of one.

"Shit, we need to figure this out soon..." Spirit whispered loud enough for Senpai to hear.

"Or what..? I'll keep coughing up petals forever..?"

"Even worse, you'll die."

"WAIT WHAT!?"

"That's the thing with hanahaki, it slowly kills you. Soon petals turn into flowers, and vines start growing in your throat and... it's not pretty."

"Don't worry Spirit, we still have time to figure this out!" Senpai exclaimed as he layed his arm around Spirit's neck.

"Right... until then, just... try not to think about anyone. Or touch anyone, if possible."

"Why..?"

"It speeds up the process if you do it to the person you like. And seeing that we don't know who you like... yeah, better safe then sorry."

     Senpai let go of Spirit before asking, "I know it's late but are we still going shopping..?"

"Yeah, no reason not to! Actually, I was thinking that maybe afterwards we go around town and try to figure out who you have a crush on!"

"Sounds like a plan to me! Let's do this!"

     Senpai quickly got ready and the two walked to the mall, Senpai occasionally coughing up petals as they reached their destination.

"Ok, so we're just getting a few shirts and pants, alright? Don't go too crazy, we only have a limited amount of money and-"

"OOO AN ARCADE!!" Senpai exclaimed as he dragged Spirit along, the two holding hands as they went to the arcade.

"Senpai- my hand, let go!" Senpai didn't listen as he exchanged a few dollar bills for quarters and ran up to a certain game.

"Hey Spirit, wanna try and play the claw machine? There's a cute bear I really want!"

"I'm more interested in the duck plush... But! These games are rigged and we need clothes!"

     Spirit quickly added but it was too late as Senpai put 2 quarters in. Spirit watched as Senpai won the big duck plushie on his first try.

"Here you go, Spirit!"

     Senpai exclaimed as he handed Spirit the plushie, the latter blushing as he took it. Senpai smiled before being interuptted by a cough as he began hacking up yet another set of petals.

"Senpai- you good?" Spirit asked as Senpai finally stopped coughing.

"Yeah- bleh, I'm fine just... Whoo, I feel exhausted suddenly!"

"Here, I'll get you something to drink. Soda sound good?"

"Yeah, that... That works..!" Senpai huffed out as he sat down to catch his breath.

     After purchasing two drinks, one for him and one for Senpai, he sat down.

"Here, take your time... ok?"

     Spirit smiled gently at Senpai although the latter didn't seem to notice as the two drank their soda in silence. As soon as Senpai was done with his drink he stood up.

"Alright, we should get going now..."

"Oh, yeah... You don't wanna try and win that bear plush?"

"No thanks, I'm good! Plus we really need to figure out who I like before... You know..."

"Yeah, you're right. You good walking on your own?" Spirit asked as he stood up.

"Yeah, I'm fine really!"

"Ok, then let's go-" The two bumped into someone suddenly. They looked down to see it was Kapi, the local arcade wizz cat.

"Hey there Kapi!" Senpai greeted cheerfully.

"Yo! You guys win that on your first try?" Kapi asked as he pointed to the duck plushie.

"Yep! I have a knack for those kind of games..!" Senpai explained as Spirit burried his face in said plush.

"You gotta teach me sometime! Not now though, I'm going on a winning streak in DDR! You wanna join me?"

"Maybe later, but thanks anyway! We gotta get some clothes and stuff now, but we'll see you around!" Senpai spoke cheerfully.

"Alright, see you later!" Kapi waved as he ran to the DDR game before anyone else could.

"So... Is he the one?" Spirit asked as they left the arcade.

"Nah, we've only known each other for like, a few days! He's pretty cool though!"

"Figured as much. I didn't really feel a 'spark' if you know what I mean."

"No I don't."

"Course you don't... let's get done shopping and then we can look around town, alright?"

"Okie!"

     The two went off to look for the cheapest clothing store, random chit chat and the occasional cough going on as they looked around.