Chapter 3: Church

The duo made it to the church pretty quickly considering Senpai's throat most certainly had at least one vine growing in it. The two entered and were hit by a gust of cool air, it felt great compared to the weather outside. The two stuck close to each other, the church was packed and it looked like a mass was about to begin.

"Hello Senpai! It's so nice of you to join us!" A nun piped up as she greeted him cheerfully.

"You know her?" Spirit asked bluntly.

"Yeah, she's a nun for the church! Sarv, this is my good friend Spirit!"

"Oh... I didn't realize you had a demon friend..!" Sarv commented as she looked at Spirit.

"I'm not an evil demon just so you know."

"Oh, I see... Are you two here for the mass?"

"Sadly we don't have time for that, we were just looking for someone..." Senpai explained.

"Oh! Any chance I can help?"

"Probably not honestly. He's trying to figure out who his crush is before uhh, bad things happen."

"I see... I should go get Ruv, maybe you have a bond with him? I know you two talk a lot!" Sarv exclaimed before heading off to get the russian.

"Senpai you have way too many friends."

"Yeah, I know."

     Sarv returned with Ruv, and Senpai waved to him.

"Sarv filled me in. So, your being a dumbass again?"

"Hey! I am not being a-"

"This is the most dumbass thing he's done."

"Hey!"

"Right. So, you got a crush or not?"

     Senpai sighed before responding, "Sadly no."

"Probably for the best. I don't feel anything romantic towards you either."

"No offense Senpai, but I don't either! I just see you as a good friend!" Sarv added.

"Ah, it's ok!" Senpai felt the urge to cough again. Spirit quickly noticed the change in facial expression and quickly added,

"We should get going, it's getting late and we still haven't had dinner yet."

"Oh of course! By the way, the diner nearby is half off for today, you should try it out!"

"Alright, will do. See you guys later, maybe!"

     Spirit quickly rushed Senpai out of the church. The moment that they left the church, Senpai was a hacking mess. After finally coughing up a bunchful of petals and blood, he sat down and took deep breaths.

"Hey... Spirit..?" Senpai breathed out.

"Hmm?"

"Can we go to that diner..? I'm hungry and... Who knows what'll happen to me by tomorrow..."

"Hey, don't say that! You- your gonna live, ok?"

"No... We- we can't confirm that, can we..?" Senpai sounded so hopeless as he spoke.

"Come on Senpai, we'll figure this out, ok?"

"...Can we go to the diner?"

"I... Fine. Just- please, don't give up yet, ok?"

"I'll try..."

     Spirit helped Senpai up as they started walking. Spirit sighed, he prayed this would all fix itself, he hated having to worry about Senpai like this... and quite frankly, he cared too much about Senpai for him to die.

A/N: bleh this chapter is so short I hate it-