:Chapter 8:

I Need You Like A Heartbeat

Chapter 8

[RAYNE]

I walked into my room and mindlessly flicked the radio on. Slipping out of my clothes and into my pajamas, i crawled into bed the way a small child would.

"There's gonna be one less lonely girl..." I started crying thick, warm tears when I heard Justin's voice on the radio. This song...The reason we met. The reason we fell in love. The reason I'm heartbroken.

Its been weeks since she took him from me and im too chicken to try get him back. If I have any regrets, it's leaving him. Ami and Jess told me the truth, but I dont think he still loves me. Pulling my knees up to my chest and curling up, i cried myself to sleep. Oh, how I miss him.

My Justin.

_______________

My phone ringing woke me up the next morning. It pulled me from my dreams of Justin and what could've been.

"Hey hey, girlll!" Ami and Jessi yelled.

"Oh my God, guys, I miss you so much!"

"We miss you too!"

"Soo...how're you guys? And your boyfriends?"

"Ryan and Chaz are good," Ami replied. "So are we!" Jess added. "Oh and so is everyone else! Well, he who shall not be named isn't so great."

"You can say his name..what's wrong with J-J- him?" I asked, truly unable to say his name.

"He's with Jasmine now. They argue all the time, but she starts crying and he immediately forgives her. He's such a softie! Jasmine pushes him around and he lets her. He acts all happy in the day time, but I can hear him crying at night. It breaks my heart," Jess said quietly.

"Jasmine isn't even a good girlfriend! She ignores him when he has a bad day or he's feeling down! You used to massage his back and snuggle with him! If he's all happy, she'll bring him down by arguing with him. Plus, if he even says your name, she'll scream at him! Uhh, bitch!" Ami stated.

"Why is Justin staying with her?"

"She's his rebound. He just needs a girl right now."

"Hey, guys. Who ya talking to?" a familiar voice asked. Oh shit! It's him...

"No one, Justin!" Ami answered quickly. In my mind, I could see him cocking his head to the side like he always does when he's confused.

"It's obviously not 'no one' if you're being so...jumpy," Justin replied, laughing. I heard the door open.

"JUSTYYYY! What the hell? Why are you alone with those two...?" Jasmine asked. Bitch.

"Jasmine! Why the fuck are you like this? Ami and Jessica are my friends! You're jealous all the time!" Justin shot back.

"See..." Jessi whispered into the phone. I could hear their argument.

"Because I'm your fucking GIRPFRIEND, Justin! You're supposed to hang out with ME not THEM! Ugh, you're such a dick!"

"Im a dick? Jasmine, I'm so sick of putting up with this shit! You're not even a good girlfriend! I dont know why i deal with you! You're supposed to effing be there for me! And youre supposed to trust me and care for me!" I heard Jasmine start to cry. "Oh...I'm sorry. Please don't cry, Jasmine. Jasmineeee. Please don't cry. Hey, hey, stop. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it."

"Let's just go," Jasmine said in her bitchy voice. Well, her normal voice I guess. Justin sighed and I heard the door close. The phone hung up and I sighed myself. Justin shouldnt have to go through that. Dealing with a bitch like her. And, as cheesy as this may sound:

That should be me. Holding him, caring for him, being there.

[JUSTIN]

It's like a cycle. Over and over and over again, Jasmine and I argue. She yells. I yell. She cries. I forgive her. Then again. I don't know why I do this. My life is slipping away. The time I could be trying to get back with Rayne, I'm arguing with Jasmine. My mom hates that I'm dating Jasmine, and won't hesitate to call me an idiot. I'm not so sure I disagree with her. Jasmine dragged me to the couch in the bus and sat down with me.

"So, baby, what do you wanna do?" Jasmine asked, trying to sound seductive. EPIC FAIL.

"Let's watch some TV." Seeing the downcast expression on her face, I almost laughed out loud. All Jasmine wanted to do was makeout. I HATED it. I flicked on the TV. It was on E! News.

'Jastin, what Rayne has to say' the screen read.

"Hi it's Guliana. I have a video from TMZ talking Rayne Davenport. Here ya go..." And suddenly I was watching Rayne shielding her face from the paps.

"Rayne, what do ya think of 'Jastin'?" the person asked.

"Que sera," she answered simply. "But why do you even follow me anymore? Without Justin, I shouldn't mean anything to you."

"Not true. We heard a rumor that Justin still has the hots for ya!"

"Rumors are rumors. Just lies that have grown and grown. Don't believe everything you hear."

"Do you still love him?"

"That's for me to know and you to not know." All of a sudden the TV clicked off.

"What a bitch," Jasmine muttered.

"Bitch? Don't you EVER call Rayne anything like that ever again!"

"Free country! Rayne is a bitch! A huge one at that! And you 'still having the hots for her'?!?!? What the hell?"

"Jasmine! Why are you like this all the frickin time? You're nonsupportive, uncooperative, untrustworthy! Why can't you just be more like Rayne?!" I stormed off in the opposite direction of her and into my room. Plopping down on my bed, tears started flowing from my eyes. I sat up and closed my eyes. "God? I made a mistake. A huge one. I let a perfect girl slip through my fingers like sand at a beach. I need help. I was an idiot. I don't know why I didn't run after her, or call her, or get her back. She doesn't even care about me anymore! I need her to want me back. I...All I know is that Rayne is the love of my life. I never felt better when she was with me. Maybe I don't deserve a second chance, but I want one. I just want to prove to Rayne that I can treat her nice. Better than any other guy in the world. I love her." I choked up and started crying again. I shoved my face into my pillow and just cried.

Note From Me:

I kinda teared up at the end of that ;)

XxxLillian