𝟎𝟐𝟓

Maddie smiles as she walks into the school, the halls were lined with hearts, balloons, and basically anything pink that people thought would brighten up someones day

Maddie smiles as she walks into the school, the halls were lined with hearts, balloons, and basically anything pink that people thought would brighten up someones day. The last couple of years Maddie and Justin didn't really get to send Valentines Day the way they wanted, he wasn't there for it last year, her sophomore year Maddie was focused more on her friends than Justin, and Freshman year Justin was pinning after Hannah. But this year, this year would be different.

And the first clue of that was Justin Foley standing in front of her locker with a orange rose with red tips. "Hey." He says with a smile as he hands it to her and then faces her locker which had pictures of them taped all over it. "It's just enough." She says with a bright smile. She opens her locker up and sets the rose inside, trading it out for a book. "How's Clay?" She asks and he shakes his head.

"He's Clay, there's always something going on. But speaking of things going on." He says as he grabs the books from her hands and replaces it with two pink tickets with red hearts. Maddie chuckles at them and turns to her boyfriend. "The dance?" She asks and he shrugs. "I thought it might be nice, you used to love them and I can't remember the last time we actually went to one."

"Justin Foley, I would love to be your date to the Valentine's Day dance." Maddie says with a chuckle while grabbing her books back from him. "Maddie Dempsey, I would love to see you in a dress again."

Once Maddie makes her way into her classroom Justin makes his way to Zach's locker, hoping to catch him before he left for his class. Luckily, the taller boy was still there - packing his books into his bag. "Dude, where have you been? I've left you, like, six messages."

Zach rolls his eyes before speaking. "Sorry, I have just been so busy."

"You know Chloe called Maddie, and Maddie called me."

Zach scrunchies up his face, looking disgusted before asking his question. "What? Why?" Justin scoffs at his ignorance and leans forward, one arm on a locker. "Because she's worried about you, they both are. Apparently, you haven't been returning Chloe's calls either - and you hide in your room all the time at home, so should I be worried too?"

"I didn't tell her shit if that's what you're worried about."

After taking a few minutes to register what he meant Justin sighs. "It isn't."

"I can't tell anyone, anything, ever. Because you guys took that choice away from me and you know what? You took it from my sister too, why don't you worry about her instead of me? Huh?"

"Don't turn this on me. I'm just trying to help you, man." This time it's Zach's turn to sigh. "And since when do you give a shit? About any of us for that matter?"

Maddie smiled as she slipped on a pair of black high heels. "Oh! You're so beautiful!" Mrs. Dempsey exclaimed as she looked over her oldest daughter. Maddie had her blonde hair curled and two pieces of the front pulled back into a clip, she had light makeup on, as well as a pale pink silk dress with a black sash and bow in her mid section. "Thank you, Mom, I wanted to look nice tonight."