𝟎𝟎𝟒

"Hey, Jess

"Hey, Jess." Maddie smiles at the girl as she walks into her class, Jessica smiles back but it doesn't reach her eyes which almost commands the girl to sit down. "Are you okay?" Maddie asks, after Justin being taken to serve time things between Maddie and Jessica were never really the same but they did acknowledge each other and they did also go to each other when they needed help every now and again, mostly because they knew they would keep each others secrets. "No, listen, everyone is freaking out over Tyler because of what they found out this morning." Jessica says in a worried and hushed tone as they look up to Tyler and mention how the police had figured out that Bryce was shot.

"But, Tony and Clay said they got rid of all of his guns." Maddie says leaning forward as they whisper hoping nobody else would hear them. "I know but I guess he kept one and he told Tony he wanted to get rid of it today because he said he was 'done with it.'" Jessica says with air quotes around what Tyler had said. Maddie looks up with wide eyes. "But, I mean he's in a good place right now, right?" Maddie asks and Jessica shrugs. "Remember when he first got back after the whole Cyrus thing? Everyone thought he was good - great even, and then he tried to shoot up the school dance." Jessica says making Maddie shrink back in her chair with her eyes glue to Tyler for the rest of the period.

Maddie walks out her class letting out a breath she had been holding most likely the whole period. "Jesus." She comments to herself with a hand on her chest, she almost had a panic attack every time Tyler reached for his bag, which was an abnormal amount of times. "Hey, there you are." Justin says as he jogs up to her. "Yeah." Maddie says with a smile as he wraps his arm around her and leads her to the library where Ani and Clay were waiting. "No." Maddie pouts seeing the set of friends at the table.

"I thought we were going to have a normal conversation, maybe even about your visit." Maddie says as she resists Justin's pull towards the table, though she doesn't win. Justin chuckles. "It was good, the lady just asked if Clay and I had anything in common and how I was enjoying my time here, and I promise that we will have a normal conversation. But you know Clay, his only agenda is saving the school and his friends, so lets indulge him." Justin comments with a smile as he looks at Clay and pushes Maddie into a seat.

"Fine, I'm here. What now?" Maddie asks with attitude slipping out with every word, seemingly unlike most of her friends Maddie just wanted to be normal, of course she never really seemed to get that. "Okay, if he had it and we get it from him, what then? Do we turn him in?" Justin asks speaking about Tyler and Maddie furrows her brows, how was there any question?

"First we make sure he doesn't hurt himself or anyone else, and then... we'll figure it out." Clay says and Maddie opens her mouth to say something but Justin beats her to it, though with a completely different question. "Do you think you can do that again? Do you think you should?" At the question the duo in front of them look back to Tyler who was on the computers.

"Well, let's just pray it's a non- issue." Ani says as she looks at them and Maddie rolls her eyes, why was she even here? She never watched Tyler to really know how he was like the rest of the group and she obviously wasn't there when he was at his worst and had students praying and scared for their lives.