3

'Sorry for waking you, pig-chicken! But it's such a beautiful night! Why waste it on sleep?' Ursa ran inside her house, eager to tell her parents about her engagement to Ikem.

'Mom! You'll never guess what Ikem-' She stopped at the sight of her mother sitting sadly on the floor holding her father's headpiece.

'What's wrong? Where's dad?' Rina looked up with tears in her eyes. 'Your father's out back in the greenhouse...with a visitor.' She wiped away a tear. 'I love you, Ursa. You know that, don't you?'

Ursa walked into the greenhouse where her father stood with their "guests". 'Daughter, show our guests the proper respect.'

'Fire Lord Azulon!' She knelt at her feet.

'Ursa is it? Rise, and let us have a look at you.' Ursa faced the old Fire Lord. 'Magistrate Jinzuk, your wife has raised a daughter even more beautiful then her flowers! We've had such trouble finding Avatar Roku's descendants. It's as if he wanted to keep you hidden from us! But now, clearly, the effort was worthwhile. The fire sages tell me that the pairing of the Avatar's granddaughter with my own son will yield a bloodline of great power, one that would help ensure my family's rule for centuries after I am gone.'

The Fire Lord's son walked up beside his father. 'Ursa, may I introduce you to Fire Prince Ozai, my second son. He has a proposal for you.'