12

Ursa finally arrived at her old village and walked to a house and knocked. 'Can I help you, stranger? Who...?' A little girl answered.

'Forgive me for disturbing you at this late hour. I'm looking for my-...I'm looking for Magistrate Jinzuk and his wife Rina.'

'Oh.' Her gazed moved to the ground. 'They both passed away years ago. I'm sorry.'

Ursa spent the rest of the night sitting on the stage she once preformed on. 'If you're looking for a role in this year's production, I have bad news for you. Tryouts ended weeks ago.' A man said. She looked up.

'Oh, no....I didn't know where else- I'm just....visiting old memories.'

The man, Noren, scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. 'Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't realize-'

He stared at Ursa for a moment. His eyes widened with realization. He shook his head and bowed. 'My name is Noren. I'm the director of the Hira'a acting troupe.'

'So Grandma Guchi...?'

'I took over when she retired.'

'It's nice to meet you, Noren.' He held his hand out of her. 'You know, old memories don't always have to be unpleasant.'

'What do you mean?'

'It's almost sunrise. Sitting by yourself in for y of an empty stage seems like a terrible way to start the day. Perhaps I could buy you some breakfast?'

She smiled. 'That's very kind of you. Thank you.'