Chapter 11

With one final check that everything in the hut was cleaned and cleared and the protection barrier in place, the couple left the mortal realm for Qing Qiu.

Upon reaching the entrance of the fox den, they saw Ali running to welcome his parents back.  Mo Yuan picked up his son for an embrace that Bai Qian joined as the rest of the fox family look on with a smile.  Mo Yuan looked at Bai Zhi, who nodded his head in understanding that Mo Yuan and Bai Qian first had to talk to their son about the changes to their family.

With his son in his arms and his Qian Qian by his side, Mo Yuan walked his family to the gazebo by the lake.  When they reached the place, he sat himself and Qian Qian down, with Ali on his lap.  Opening his dragon essence to connect with his son's Mo Yuan started to speak.

"Ali, do you remember your lessons about the history of the Nine Heavens?"

"Yes, father.  The Father of the Gods and Mother created the Nine Heavens and had a son who is the Master of Kunlun Mountains and the God of War. Dong Hua Dijun, Grandfather Bai, Uncle Zhe Yan, and the God of War were classmates who were taught by Father of the Gods at Kunlun Mountain."

"That's right.  When they were still students of Kunlun, High God Mo Yuan created the Bell of the East Emperor but his father got angry because he created something so destructive, it could end the lives of everyone.  So in order to save the realms should the bell be used in the wrong hands, Father of the Gods helped the God of War separate a piece of his soul and kept it in a golden lotus in Kunlun Mountain, where your Mother took care of it while she was a student there.  During the war with Qing Cang, High God Mo Yuan sacrificed himself to the bell, just as he and his father talked about.  His remaining would piece became me, the Crown Prince of the Nine Heavens.  A few weeks ago, your Mother and I went back to Ruoshi river after finding that Qing Cang has found a way to revive himself and we worked together to destroy the bell.  Because I was a piece of High God Mo Yuan's soul, I did not die when I destroyed the bell but became one with High God Mo Yuan's body and spirit.  Now instead of being the Crown Prince, I am back to being the God of War and Master of Kunlun.  What has not changed is that I am still your father."

Ali was quiet for a moment as he listened to his father's story.  He then looked at his mother whose eyes were brimming with love for her son before moving his gaze to his father.  "Do you still love A Li?"

"With all of my heart and soul, my son.  You are borne out of the love your mother and I have for each other.  Do you not feel it now, as we speak?"

"I do, Fuxin.  I love you and Mother very much.  Are we all living in Qing Qiu now instead of the Nine Heavens?  I really like it here, Fuxin."

"We have to go back to the fox den so I can speak with your grandparents but we move our permanent home in Kunlun until you are old enough to be Crown Prince of the Nine Heavens.  You still have to meet with your disciple brothers."

"You'll love it there, A Li." Bai Qian added.  "Besides, we can always visit Qing Qiu and the Peach Grove whenever we want."

"That's great, Fuxin, Mother!"  A Li exclaimed wrapping his small arms on both his parents in a hug of delight.

That settled, the family went back to the fox den where Mo Yuan once again asked for Bai Qian's hand in marriage, which was heartily accepted by the Fox Emperor and Empress.  Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan smiled proudly for having raised the World's only High Goddess worthy to be the partner of the God of War.

After gathering their belongings, Mo Yuan, Bai Qian, and A Li, said their farewell to their fox family with a promise to come back and visit soon.  The newly reinstated God of War, the Queen of Qing Qiu, and the future Crown Prince of the Nine Heavens cloud jumped to Kunlun Mountain to begin the next chapter of their long lives.