His solace

Namjoon woke up to the good morning kiss from his love.

"Good morning"

"Good morning", Seokjin replied, pinching Namjoon's cheeks and once again giving his lips a peck.

"Prepare yourself for the surgery the day after tomorrow" Seokjin said as he helped Namjoon sit up.

---------------------------------------------

*time skip*

"Is everything ready?" Hae Joon asked nervously walking back and forth in his room

"Yes sir, the press will be here tomorrow at 9" the researcher replied

"I want everything to go smoothly, no mistakes" Hae joon gestured him to leave.

"Yes sir" he bowed and left.

Hae Joon's mobile flashed with a notification

Cancel the launch of your drug, if you don't want your murders to come to light

He threw the phone and took few minutes to calm himself, his hands shaking. It was the same number from which he received the black box voice recordings. He ignored it because he didn't know what to do. He couldn't trace it either.

He thought it was the work of Kim and assured himself that he won't release anything now, as it isn't enough which will make it useless.

He racked his brain and hair, thinking from whom it could be, but it led him nowhere. He tried to convince himself that it was just some nonsense message. Then suddenly a chill passed over his body at the thought of the black box recording held by the Kim.

He is sure that it isn't enough to start re-investigation, but it is enough to bring a crack in his reputation, raising a suspicion on his character which will affect the sales of his new drug.

He walked back and forth in his room thinking hard. He pulled out his phone and called his paid minion, "Find me where that Kim is and get the pendrive and everything related to it before sunrise, I want no excuses!"

He hung the call before the other side could respond. He received a call from his minion a half an hour later, "Sir, Kim Namjoon is admitted in hospital for a surgery and strangely we were able to break in his mansion may be because most of his guards are there with him"

"Cut to the chase, you got it or not?"

"We did, sir! But what if he has more copies?"

"Namjoon doesn't trust anyone easily so he has everything with him. What was there is all" Hae Joon was too confident. He thought he knew everything about Namjoon.

----------------------------

"This is a Historical moment" Hae Joon turns, pointing the laser pen to the screen behind him.

"Everyone will be a genius and it's child friendly" he flashes a smile to the reporters.

"My 'Genius In You' has passed all the tests and is very safe for all age stages" he changes the slide showing different approval certificates.

Suddenly the screen glitched and went black.

"Sir we succeeded in creating the drug you asked but there is a problem".

"Go ahead!"

"It does boost up the working of brain and makes them a genius but..."

"But what?"

"The person's life span reduces, the more he becomes a genius the less his life span is".