Chapter 24: Restart

Restart

~~~

I open my eyes slightly, but instantly close them because of the brightness. "Eva," I hear someone softly say. A hand gently takes mine into their own. "Baby," the voice says again as I feel their fingers run through my hair.

My eyes slightly open and adjust to the light. I look to my right and see my girlfriend. "Hey, Romanoff," I say tiredly with a smile. Natasha smiles and I can see her eyes glisten. "Are you crying?" I ask her with a smirk.

"I thought you were going to die. So yes, I am," she tells me and my smile falls at her words.

"I'm here, Nat," I tell her and she smiles slightly. I go to move my body, but wince in pain.

"Easy," Nat tells me as she pulls up a chair and sits down, "Side of your abdomen had to be stitched. Your wrist was shattered, so you have some metal there. Also, the bullet wound on your shoulder had to be stitched. So you'll be using a sling."

I nod and sigh as I lean my head back against the pillow. "How is Steve?" I ask her.

"He hasn't woken up yet, but he will be okay," Natasha tells me as she continues to run her fingers through my hair.

"Is Maria okay?" I then ask and she nods.

"She is currently being interviewed to work for Stark," she tell me and I chuckle.

"And how are you?" I ask as I turn my head to face her.

Natasha smiles and brings my non-injured hand up to her face and places a kiss on it. "Much better now that you are awake," she tells me.

I smile at her words and sigh in content as she runs her thumb over my cheek. I lean into her touch and close my eyes. Natasha then places a kiss on my forehead and my smile grows. "You missed," I tell her as I open my eyes and look into her green ones. She smiles before leaning down and places a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Much better," I tell Nat and she chuckles. Natasha then grabs my intertwines her fingers with mine before sighing.

"We are going to need to find some new identities and lay low for a while," Natasha tells me and I look at her confused.

"Why? What happened?"

My girlfriend sighs as her eyes connect with mine. "For me to release all the information on HYDRA to the world, that meant releasing everything from S.H.I.E.L.D. which included us. Our past, everything," Natasha tells me.