𝟓. 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

Zoya Siddiqui •~

Aditya Hooda •~

*******

Z

oya's POV

    The universe didn't want me to rest. I am pretty sure there are higher forces at play here that are conspiring against me, depriving me of sleep. I know that sounds ridiculous, but that's what countless sleepless nights will do to you. But then again, I couldn't blame anyone. I knew what I was getting into when I was choosing my career path. With my eyelids drooping and protesting, I walked into the jewellery showroom. My eyes suddenly became hyper aware, taking in the tiniest of details of the crime scene. 

   There were pieces of glass all over the floor, clearly from the broken window which was the point of entry for the robber. The owner, Mr. Aditya Hooda was seated on a chair, holding his head in his hands. I couldn't see his face, but I knew he was furious. His muscles were tense, his feet were tapping on the floor impatiently. I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder, silently offering comfort and consolation. 

   When his eyes met mine, all I could do was stand there transfixed, staring into those brown orbs. They were chocolate brown, and with the sheen of tears glistening in them, they looked like molten chocolate. Brown eyes were very common, but his seemed very unique. And beautiful. My eyes started wandering, taking in his slightly crooked nose, a jawline so sharp it could cut through steel, and a mole just above his lips. His shoulders were broad and muscular, his legs long. If I didn't know better, I could have bet that he was a model. 

   I could tell that the appreciation was mutual, because he was staring back at me with the same intensity. Both of us had seemingly forgotten about where we were and what the critical circumstances surrounding us were. What broke our eye contact was the sound of someone clearing their throat, quite loudly and intentionally. I turned to see Jay, the other police officer standing near the door. My face turned red with embarrassment, and I could see a hint of a blush creep up on Aditya's face too. I had no idea how long Jay had been standing there

   "Mr Hooda, how about you tell us exactly what happened? And don't leave out any details, however inconsequential they may seem," I asked.