Chapter-16 Unexpected, Unannounced, and Unprepared

-In a bar where the two captains are having their siesta time-

It is already four hours since their first visit to Yamato's and Missouri's shipgirl form. They are just mostly discussing that matter, mostly about how to make sure none of their sailors actually hit on these two while they are on board, and also how to increase their resonance with the ships themselves.

And their discussion was going smoothly until a Newport Harbour military Personnel walked up to them.

"Umm. I'm looking for Captain Richard Abel and Captain Kōsaku Aruba." said the military personnel.

"You're looking at them, son." Richard replied as he stood up.

"Well... there's something that you should know."

"And what is it?"

"It's about them."

----A few minutes later----

Both captains began to rush straight to where Yamato and Missouri were left unconscious, like a pair of fathers running to not miss this wonderful opportunity.

And once they arrive at the ward, they are surprised to see the two already conscious and wide awake.

"I was expecting you two to be in a coma for a month or so. But never would I be seeing you two like this within a few hours." Richard said as he and Aruba walked up to them.

"We're strong, captain." Missouri replied. "Besides, we're battleships with great endurance." She then tried to stand up but almost collapsed which made Richard help her back on her feet again. And once Missouri is on her feet, everyone can see that she is slightly taller than Richard.

"Apparently she still isn't used to having a human body at all." A nearby scientist said as he examined Missouri.

"But that doesn't apply to me." Yamato replied as she struggled to stand up. "I can stand up as easily as I can remember the name of the Emperor." she then feels her legs wobbling a bit from her standing up.

"Captain." Yamato said as she looked at Aruba. "I'm sorry that I failed you and the navy that I represent. I failed to reach the shores of Okinawa." She then knelt down and bowed right in front of him.

Aruba raised his hand up. "No. It isn't just you who failed in the mission. Me and my men as well. Don't put all the blame on yourself. I should have known better that the US had sent out their carrier force against us. Now stand up! That's an order from your captain!"

Upon hearing it, Yamato simply stood up. In fact, when she stood up, she was about half a foot taller than Aruba himself.

"I think it is better to let them rehabilitate their legs just so that they can get used to it." the scientist suggested as he looked at their current situation. "So, Missouri. How are your legs? Feeling okay?"

"Does this look anything like okay to me?" Missouri replied back as she sat down on her bed.

"I'll take that as a yes." the scientist replied as he looked at Yamato. "And what about you, Yamato?"

"I would be lying if I say I'm fine with these wobbly legs. I can't fight in battle with legs like this." Yamato replied as she also sat down on her bed.

"So, how long do you think it will take to get them used to their legs?" Richard asked as he helped Missouri.

"About a month or less if they recover fast." the scientist replied. "But the fastest we could guess is about two weeks with the right training and rehabilitation of their legs."

"I see." Richard then looked at the two, who were already rubbing their legs.

"Yamato. Missouri."