Letting go

Here we go, I need at least one story so this doesn't just sit as a one shot for about 5 months.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I threw the stick and watched as the big black ball of fluff flew after it. The dog jumped up and caught the stick mid-air before landing and then dropping the stick. He pointed his nose of towards a small patch of trees and padded over towards them. I watched as he did this wondering what he would do.

After a few minutes of standing around and staring at the trees, I watched as the dogs head popped out of the trees followed by the rest of his large body. The best thing about this moment was that he was holding a large stick that was about three times the size of him.

"Hahahaha ok of course you of all dogs would find one of the largest sticks to carry about" i laughed and then pointed over towards another part of the field and started running "come on Zimba" I called out and he started to run with me. It was a few minutes before we started to slow down and he put the stick and panted for a little bit.

Not surprising because it was quite a warm day and I was staring around at the fields that surround us when I heard the dog let out a few coughs and then the happiness left me for a few minutes.

His coughing noise reminded me that he didn't have long anymore, estimated a few months. Atleast thats what the vets said, 'once he starts coughing he won't live much longer'  or something along the lines of that. I never acctuly heard that from the vets more the knowledge of Zimba was told to me by my mum but its still the same right?

I should still be happy that Zimba is still alive at the moment but I can't stop thinking that at some point soon I'm going to have to let go him, at much as it hurts to think of.

.