The accident

T/W: Spoilers, and same warnings as in the game.

3rd person POV

Laby heard arguing coming from the next room.

"Is that Aubrey and Kel arguing again?" Laby wondered in her head.

She slowly opened the door and realized that it was Mari and Sunny who were arguing. She didn't understand, they rarely argue...

She titled her head to the ground and noticed the broken violin. Before Laby could touch the violin, she heard a voice telling someone not to run away, was it perhaps Mari telling Sunny that? It must be.

Laby crouches down, to observe the broken violin. "Maybe dad can fix it..." Laby thought to herself. The broken violin must've caused this whole argue anyway.

Suddenly, she heard thuds.

She faces to the source of the thuds and realized that it was Mari, hitting her head in every step of the stairs, and staining them with blood.

Mari proceeds to crash into the broken violin. Some bits of wood scratches Laby but she doesn't notice at all as she stares into Mari with widen eyes.

"Mari!" Sunny called out to her.

Laby shakes Mari's corpse. "Mari...?" Laby faintly asked.

Sunny quickly went down the stairs in panic and called out to Mari again.

It all happened in a instant that Laby couldn't process what had happened.

Sunny calls out her name again. He then notices Laby and faces her in fear of her snitching. Laby faces Sunny, then at Mari.

"Maybe.. she needs rest." Laby suggested. Sunny forced himself to agree and the two dragged her up the stairs and headed towards her room.

Laby could feel her heart beating out of fear, but she had to stay strong. She noticed Sunny feeling lightheaded and decided to take Mari to the bedroom instead.

Laby was convinced she needed rest and let her corpse lay on the bed for a while.

Sunny calls her name over and over but Mari doesn't answer. She's doesn't have any emotions...she's expressionless. Sunny breaks into tears.

Laby finally connected all of the dots together. It was Sunny who pushed Mari down the stairs. Laby wanted to yell for help, but she didn't want Sunny to get into trouble... After all, who would forgive him?

She then notices Basil behind Sunny. She gets closer to the two. He whispers something unspeakable, making Laby and Sunny widen eyes in response.

"It's only the way out..."

"Everything will be okay."

Sunny picks up Mari's body and lifts her down the staircase. Laby trails behind Sunny, feeling the pressure of guilt.

Of course, she didn't agree with basil's plan but she also didn't want to get Sunny in major trouble, so she went along with the plan.

Basil slides the door open. He tells Sunny to walk. Sunny proceeds to walk. The sound of crunching grass was all of what Laby heard. She also felt the coldness of the wind blowing through her.

Sunny lays Mari's body down and looks up to the tree. Rays of sunlight shine through the cracks in the leaves. Laby and Sunny relish in it's beauty and savor for a moment.

Everything will be okay...

Laby hears pacing, and the crunching of grass sitting back and forth. Laby then notices Basil pick something up from the ground.

A rope.

Sunny stares into the leaves overhead, as Laby sat on the ground, looking towards the grass. They both hear the sounds of shuffling, dragging, creaking, and pulling but Sunny refuses to look away from the leaves.

Laby decides to look down upon the grass, until she no longer hear any sounds and saw basil walking towards the house.

The three proceed to step into the house and look back to the trees and see it. The light engulfs it as it sways in the wind.

Laby still felt that this was the wrong thing to do, but no words came out of her mouth.

Sunny felt a cold hand clutch his. He tried to jerk away but it squeezes back. Sunny finally decides to look up and see his best friend for the first time. Laby already knew Basil was here but forget to tell Sunny.

She notices Basil's tears falling from his tired eyes. She looked down in sadness due to her friend's sadness.

This was all real.

Suddenly, Basil stops. Laby and Sunny look up to Basil eyes and realize that it's wide awake, staring at something in fear.

Sunny turns his eyes toward it as well. His eyes was met with fear also.

Laby looked at the two in confusion. She turned back and realized why.

She wished, she had never looked back.

.

.

.

.

.

Hello person reading this, I hope you enjoy this story, if not, then it's fine. I usually update chapters on the weekends, so stay tuned.