Chocolate bunnies

Laby entered the house and as expected, nobody was there. "Perfect, now I can make chocolate bunnies for everybody." Laby thought.

4 years ago, Laby and her dad would always spend time with each other by baking cakes, candy, and etc... But of course, her dad would limit the amount of sugar Laby consumed for multiple reasons.

He would also hide the ingredients away from Laby so that she wouldn't make a mess. Unlike the flour mess that happened when Laby first thought that flour was sugar...

First, she got some eggs, unsalted butter, chocolate, a cup of flour, and another cup of plain flour.

She got a silicon pan big enough for multiple chocolate bunnies and placed the unsalted butter along with the pieces of chocolate and mixed them together.

After a long time of stirring, stirring, and stirring, she placed the chocolate in a bunny cutter. Then, placed them in the stove to heat for a while.

After that, she took them out and waited for them to cool down. "Alright, now all I need to do is wait." Laby said to herself.

Just then a door bell rang.

"Dad is already here? Gosh I must've lost track of time." Laby added before getting up, out of her comfort spot and answered the door.

Unexpectedly, it was an amazon box.

Laby picks it up and  closes the door as she makes her way to the kitchen with a box on her hand. "I didn't order a package in my sleep, did I?" Laby questions herself.

Laby checks her phone to see if she ordered an item and sees unread messages her father sent her.

"Going on a business trip! I'm coming home to pack my stuff, hope to see you there!" 
4:33 PM.

"Didn't see you there, so I might as well tell you here. I'm gonna be gone for a week due to a group project taking place in South Korea. I decided to send you a gift that might arrive at midnight so keep your eyes peeled!"
 7:56 PM.

Laby looks at the box. "Ohhhhhh."

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to see what dad got me." Laby says as she unwraps the package and discovers yummy snacks in the box.

Of course Laby couldn't eat all of them but one certainly caught her eye from the rest. 

"Pocky? Aren't these Japanese candy?" Laby asks. "I mean, not everything in amazon is accurate, so I guess it normal to mix the two." Laby thought.

Laby took the strawberry flavored ones and put them in a backpack. Laby slumps herself in the sofa and looks at the clock. "A nap wouldn't hurt." She says as she falls asleep.

Flashback

4 years ago

Laby went under a tree and read a book about flowers and butterflies. She avoided all eye contact and conversations. 

Just then a figure goes up to Laby.

"Whatcha reading?" A girl with black hair asked. "Uhm..." Laby trailed off. The girl then looks at the cover of the book. 

"Flowers and butterflies? Can I read it with you?" The girl asks. "S-Sure." Laby replies as the girl sits by her.

"A picture book?" The girl questions making Laby nervous. "Perfect! Now it'll be more fun to read." The girl finishes.

"D-Do you like flowers and butterflies, too?" Laby asks in a soft voice. "Yea! They're cool!" The girl responded.

The two read the book together until a whistle is blown. "Recess is already over? Aww... Let's finish the book tomorrow, okay?" The girl asks as Laby nods.

The next day.

Laby waits for the girl to arrive until a group of kids come by her. "Well if it isn't dumb duck Laby." The leader teases. It was Laby's bully named Rachel.

"What a-are you doing here, Rachel?" Laby asks. "If I remember correctly, this is our hangout spot, not yours." Rachel replied.

"But-"

"But what? I claimed it wayyyyy before you arrived at this school!" Rachel yells making Laby yelp. 

"I don't get why anyone would want to be friends with you, after what you did to us." Rachel says making Rachel flinch in response.

"I'm waiting for someone... that's why I'm here." Laby said. "Liar." Rachel accused without hesitation.

"Max, quick, take the book." Rachel demands to a boy who quickly tries to snatch the book from Laby. Laby struggles to keep it with her and then, Max boy successfully steals it.

"H-Hey!" Laby tries to grab it but then the book is passed to the tall boy of the group. Laby tries to reach for it, but she's too small to grab it. The rest snicker and laugh in response.

"Hey, you!" A voice called out to the group. "I'm going to tell the teacher what you all did if you don't give that book back!" The same girl whom Laby meet yesterday. Laby then notices that another group of kids are behind her.

"Ugh, fine, take your stupid book!" Tall boy says as he yanks it to Laby. When Laby no longer sees her group of bullies, the girl gestures to the kids behind her to leave.

"Why...why did you do that?" Laby asked. "Because your my friend! And friends protect each other." The girl replies. "We're friends?" Laby questions.

"We are! Didn't I ask you to be my friend, or...?" The girl trails off. "No you didn't ask but..." Laby trails off.

"We are friends." Laby smiled. The girl smiles big. She then introduces herself. "My name is Aubrey, and yours?"

"Laby. Nice to meet you Aubrey." Laby replies. 

RINGGGGGG (Flashback ended.)

"Woah!" Laby falls to the floor, then quickly gets up to remove the chocolate bunnies from the refrigerator.

Laby scratches her head and frowns. "And friends protect each other." Aubrey said this to Laby when she returned the book back to Laby from the bullies. Laby tried hard not to think about it, but it wouldn't leave her mind.

Laby grabbed baggies to put the chocolate bunnies in. After that, she opened the backpack and put the chocolate baggies in a special container so that it wouldn't melt or freeze.

Laby then notices that there are extra chocolate bunnies. Laby raises an eyebrow. "I made 12 though..?" Laby says in confusion. "Did I put more than I had to?" Laby says as she counted all the extras.

There are 8 left. Laby doesn't remember putting in 8 more. Laby shrugs and puts the extra 8 into baggies.

She would understand why she made another 4 chocolate bunnies. For Aubrey. But the other 4... For Mari? Or for herself? No it wouldn't be for herself, she was always selfless and gave everyone home made candies and stuff.

Laby decides to leave that question unanswered as she now goes to sleep. "Finally... That was a long day." Laby relieves. 

She turns off the lamp and falls into a slumber.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

After a long break, I'm back. The chapters will get longer as I adapt back to the schedule, for now, enjoy this short chapter :D