small victories

Alex was at work trying to keep his mind off of what the reporters said the other day. "Alex" His boss called for him and he headed over "Yes Sir?" He smiles softly "I just want you to know as long as I'm boss you will always have a job" "Well thank you Sir" "If anyone gives you shit just let me know" Alex nods and went back to work he saw Secret service men out of the corner of his eye they were dressed in civilian clothes but he could tell. He mutters something and continues to stock clothes till it was time to leave. "Lightbulb is on the move" "Why is that my code name?" Alex got into the car "Because your mom said you are bright" the Secret service man answers. He watch the rain hit the window as they headed to the residents. "Hello?" He answers his phone "Hey Alex, it's me your favorite sister" Zoey giggles softly "Uh huh, So what's with the call?" He chuckles softly "I'm coming home for a while. Just thought I'd let you know" she sighs "Want me to tell dad and Charlie?" "No, it's going to be a surprise" "okay, bye sis" "bye bro" Alex hung up and slid against the seat closing his eyes.

"Mr President, we could just wake him" Leo sighs watching Jed pick Alex up out of the car "He's my boy, I dont get to do this alot. Small victories my friend" Jed smiles carrying Alex to his bedroom with Leo follow "Sir, we have to get to the situation room" Leo reminds Jed "I remember when was in highschool playing softball they wouldn't let him on the baseball team" Jed shakes his head placing Alex on his bed "My boy...." He sighs "The situation room sir"

Alex woke up a few hour later it was hard for him to breathe, he pulled his shirt off and then his binder. Putting on a different shirt he also put on a baggy hoodie. He walked into the Oval Office his dad wasn't there so he walked to Mrs. Landingham's desk "Alex" she looks up "Where's my dad?" "In a meeting, have a cookie you look sad" she smiles as Alex took a cookie and starts to eat it. "I miss Zoey" Charlie mumbles "Maybe she'll be home soon" he looks at Charlie and winks "Oh, Alex dear, Cj needs to see you" Mrs. Landingham looks up. "I'll go see her now" Alex left walking to the mess first for some coffee, Sam was asleep in the corner of the mess. Alex shook his head drinking a few cups and then going to see Cj. "I was told I was needed?" He walks into her office and Cj nods "Yeah, about the accidental coming out" she motions for him to sit and he did. "Josh saved my ass as bad as I don't want to believe it" he rubs his neck "Yeah, he's pretty good at that..." She looks at her notes "Alex...." "There's stories and I should explain myself and give knowledge to the public. Cj, I didn't come out before because of the hate crimes against my community" he rubs his arm "I get that...I'm just saying maybe an interview with Danny and some press" "Yeah, I trust Danny" Alex got up "This Thursday night, does that work for you?" Cj stood up as well shaking his hand "Perfect" Alex left Cj's office, heading back to the mess for coffee and something to eat. "Alex, we can make you something" the cook says watching Alex pick up a few apples slipping them into his hoodie. "No thanks" he walks out, heading outside against the orders of the secret service, but he did this alot and he headed to the normal spot. "Hey guys, got some apples, I'll bring something better tomorrow" Alex sat down "Who's that Bobby?" "Oh that's Rex Lone, he's new" "Ima talk to him" "Just be careful kid"

Alex sat next to Rex holding out an apple "Thank you" Rex mumbles "I'm Alex" "I'm Rex" Alex looked at the sky smiling "Stars are nice, Calming" Rex mumbles eating his apple "Yeah"