7

The shaking suddenly stopped. Evelyn got unsteadily to her feet, pursing her lips as she contemplated investigating further. However something deep down told her maybe she should just leave this one well enough alone.

"It'll be summat or nowt." She concluded, straightening her denim jacket out when her phone rang. "Strewth, I'm on my way Alice." She remarked down the line, picking up the pace to a gentle jog. The President of the football club wouldn't say boo to a goose, but she was certainly a stickler when it came to punctuality. Something that definitely wasn't Evelyn's strong suit.
"Aye hen, you said that ten minutes ago. Are you gonnae make me wait forever? What's taking so long?"
"Never you mind." Evelyn muttered.

"A topaz, how pretty!" Luci squealed, picking the amber jewel off the ground. Novocaine's teal-purple crystaline form stalked across the ground on its pointed arms towards her before disappearing with a shimmer. "The first topaz of my collection!" she grinned, putting the gem in a case in her bag before spying her victim's gold watch on the ground. "I know just what to do with you." Said the girl, pocketing the item also and skipping off.

(Back at the fair)

"Honestly, it's just a chill little society really. We just like to have fun and plant stuff. It's real nice and low-key yanno?" The Gardening Society treasurer explained.
"I see." Arin remarked, placing his large hands on the stall in front of him. Looming over the the ginger boy, his crimson eyes narrowed. "I was not aware I would require a key. Tell me, where can I purchase one?"

"...What?"

"Aren't you supposed to be with pole fitness- on the other side of campus?" Valentina, President of the Latin Dance Society remarked as her friend sauntered over. "With those basic bitches? I think the fuck not." He replied, standing still for a moment as a girl perused the stall; as if to say get the hell out of the way. Seemingly noticing the bad bitch energy the man was giving off, the girl quickly scurried away; Ontario smirked before approaching the Argentinian woman. He leant on the stall and Valentina immediately smacked him away with a red fan. "Wow you are such a great President." She remarked sarcastically. The Floridian pouted and rubbed his forearms. "Pettiness is not a cute look on you, Rosa."

"Vete a la mierda, puta." She responded icily, pointing the fan at him as a warning. Onatrio just waved it away "I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that." He placed a hand on his chin quizzically "You don't look like a cowgirl today." The Anthropology student's dark brown hair had been held back in a white silk bandana in lieu of her usual sierra hat; a flowy pastel pink dress with strawberries on it completing the look. "Well yeah? I'm not Marcel." The taller girl placed the flamenco fan down on the stall. "Anyway, did you order those decorations for the welcome event?"

"Yeah."
"The ones I asked for?"
"Obviously." The law student was standing to the side, staring at someone in the distance. His friend crossed her arms "And did you book the bar for afterwards?"
"Uhuh yeah totally." Ontario remarked, eyes fixed on the President of the Sign Language Society. Valentina clicked her fingers in his face. "Ay? Are you even listening to me?"
"Not even a little bit." he remarked nonchalantly before adjusting his shirt slightly "I gotta go- bye." he said and strutted across the hall before she could stop him.

"Heyyyyy Tami."

The other looked up at him expectantly through his thick eyelashes, his wavy latte-coloured hair bouncing slightly as he did so. "Good afternoon." he signed before looking back down at the posters and leaflets he'd been tasked with handing out. He wished he could be anywhere but here, he'd always hated crowds and enclosed spaces, but he had no choice. He was the president after all. Ontario pouted, not wanting that to be the end of conversation.