Chapter 9

A MUST

Lunch. At Vertigo

"How's life here? Seems you're glooming." Marie said a matter of fact.

"Haha! Pretty well best friend." Jennie answered.

"So who's the guy?" Chris joined in.

"Uh-huh? I'm curious too." Marie seconded.

"Huh? What are you talking about guys?" Jennie tried to answer innocently.

"Oh no! You can't hide that from us girl. Can say you are blooming and c'mon spill it out. Who's the lucky one?"

"T-There's none." Jennie stuttered.

"Liar! You really can't fool us, Jennie." Chris teased.

"You really haven't changed a bit girl. You're already busted but you won't give up eh?"

"Okay, fine! The reason I don't want to tell you is that...what we have is only a contract..."

"No way you're in Girl!" Marie uttered in shock.

"What do you mean? Chris seconded.

"Let me finish." Jennie chuckled. And then she told them their arrangement... "But I need out. My flight to China is next week. I have to leave her."

"You loved her do you?" Marie asked in a serious note.

"She doesn't believe in love." Jennie answered.

"But you do." Chris stated.

"It takes two to tango. And I've made up my mind. It's a choice after all." Jennie said.

"Okay, let's not spoil the moment. Cheers to a brand new life." Jennie forced a smile.

After lunch they planned to go strolling but...

"Jennie are you fine? You look pale."

"I-I'm just too stressed looking for..." and she passed out.

"Chris! Carry her, we'll go straight to BNH Hospital." Marie panicked.

Chris looked at Marie from the rear view mirror and they stared a bit with each other knowingly.

They are good friends of Jennie who's supposed to take Medicine too in their Uni days but Jennie followed her heart's desire to take up Arts and Designs in Sydney University and now her friends are both Physicians who are assigned for 6 months medical mission in Kingdom of Siam  given by them of the foundation they're serving at.

___

"My hunch was right the first time I saw her walk towards us earlier." Marie stated.

"I haven't noticed that at first, though I know something's different about her all the while." Chris seconded.

"What if Uncle Jean knows this by now?"

"That's for sure, the moment she stepped in this country, her bodyguards are always alarmed by her next move."

"W-where am I?" Jennie woke up feeling groggy.

Marie neared her and enquired. "Hey! How are you feeling?"

"You scared us." Chris added.

"I can go home now right? Oh my! Lisa will be home 3 hours from now." Jennie got tensed. "I need to get out of here." Jennie motioned to stand but Marie stopped her.

"Can you please calm down? You'll be released today if that's what you want, but be careful."

"What do you mean? What's the prognosis by the way?"Jennie asked.

Silence.

"Hey guys! You're the doctors here, can I have my query be answered now?" Jennie broke the silence.

"Ahmm...You have iron deficiency; your Hemoglobin is being monitored. You need...bed rest." Chris explained.

"Please Jennie, don't tire yourself too much." Marie added.

"I will, but I need to be home now. Can you guys help me outta here?"

"Ahmm, there's something you also need to ponder at."

"What is it? Is it really serious? Look at you guys, your face can't be painted." Jennie wisecracked.

But Marie and Chris continued to be silent.

"Oh serious indeed. Okay, I'm listening. What's wrong with me?" Jennie asked seriously.

"Talk to Lisa, for sure Uncle Jean will kill her if you guys won't settle..."

"What?! Kill her? You're talking in riddles Chris. Say it blunt..."

Marie cut her off "You have to take care of yourself. You need to take vitamins, you have to eat and bed rest. A week at most. You might lose the child if you won't follow our advice." Marie further explains.

"Guys! Child? Bed rest? Vitamins? I thought my ailment is just simple...OH MY GOD! You're telling me that...?"

"Yes you are." Chris uttered seriously.

"Oh No! So much complications..." Jennie cried in distress. "This can't be, I have to do something."

"You won't get rid of it right?" Marie hugged her.

"Of course! It's just that...I need to be away soon."

"Talk to Lisa. Maybe..."

"No, she's not up for it. She's the definition of no commitment."

"But maybe not anymore." Marie said hopeful.

"No. This won't jeopardize my decision. I have to leave. I'll bring up my child alone. I've made my decision." Jennie said with finality.

___

Lisa stared at the window looking outside from their bedroom.

You get rid of your bodyguards, you don't answer my calls, I came home finding you gone. What's this Jennie? What's with you?! Lisa thought in rage.

Suddenly a car stopped in front of my house. There's Jennie, a brunette girl and blonde guy came out of the car. I wonder what happened, she seems exhausted. I ran downstairs to meet them.

Lisa just stood in front of her doorstep.

"Oh! You're early? I thought..."

"Mind to introduce me to your companions?" Lisa dangerously uttered.

"Ahmm...Marie and Chris, my friends back in Australia. They're here for a medical mission. We just hang out a bit. Guys, Lisa...Lisa Manobal."

"Yes of course, nice to finally meet the mighty Lisa Manobal." Marie shook her hand.

"Good to meet you Lisa." Chris seconded.

"Pleasure." Lisa curtsied. "Thank you for bringing her home." Lisa added.

"I'll just ask you one thing Ms. Manobal. Please take care of our friend. She's a gem." Chris said.

"We better go ahead. Jennie, our advice okay? Don't forget. That's a must!"

"Yes Doctor." Jennie teased.

"Bye!" Marie and Chris bid farewell.

Lisa opened the door for her. "We'll talk." She said plainly.

Oh no! I'm dead. Jennie thought.