Chapter 13

TEARING SLOWLY

Ruby's POV

"Now that you're already married. You are expected to do the things a wife should do. To take care of Lisa and our forthcoming angel. To attend all her needs, a supportive companion and to be a loving wife."

"You need to have a lot of patience, princess. No more bratty attitudes okay? Ruby smiled. And when you have misunderstandings, you need to make sure that you'll talk and fix it at the end of the day. I know it's hard for few months but you'll get by. I've seen you together and I'm happy that you really get along. I know you're still adjusting Jennie to a domiciliary life, but now you have to handle things maturely. 23 isn't young anymore."

Jennie just listened to her Mum's advices and doesn't want to break Ruby's heart to what was really happening inside their abode. They appeared to be the most perfect couple in front of their family and friends. But inside their home, they are strangers with each other.

I've tried to fix our relationship but she's not up for it. I'm so much in pain seeing her happy with Rosé. That's supposed to be me. I'm the one who's supposed to be the reason of her smile, but it's not. I know they are together and when she goes home in Thailand, Rosé was always with her.

It's just me and my baby. Three more months and I'll have someone that I know who will love me unconditionally. Even if Lisa can't stand me, God knows I've tried to fix everything. To revive what we have before but she's cold and mad at me, I can feel that. She let me feel that. I just don't understand why. God please I can't stand this anymore.

"Yes Mum. I'm doing my best." Jennie answered.

"Good to know that baby."

"Mum!..."

"Okay, okay. I rest it. You're no more a baby because you'll have one in three months time." Ruby teased."

"Good!" Jennie chuckled.

___

FLASHBACK

Lisa's Way of Indifference

"For Pete's sake Jennie! Don't meddle with my wardrobe. I can manage, I know how to mix and match. I'm not invalid!"

"What are you?! You called this food? Damn! This is not even palatable. I'm outta here." And she called her, Rosé "Yeah! I'll fetch you. Dine with me tonight. Okay, Bye!"

"You don't have to act like a good wife. I know this is all for show."

"What we have is all hoaxes, Jennie. So stop your acts. You don't have to do all of these pretensions. We'll never be a married couple in its truest sense. Bear that in mind!"

"I'm trying to fix this marriage!"

"You can't fix something that isn't broken, Jennie. Because in the first place we're just forced to do this."

"You can go wherever you want, you don't have to ask my permission. I'm not your keeper."

"I don't care if you're having an affair. Just make sure to be discreet. You can do whatever you want, just never put my name in disdain."

"It's not what you think it is. It just so happen that he's there to help me when I felt like passing out."

"Do you expect me to believe that? Huh! Brian saw what happened. You're such a..."

"What? I'm such a what? A tramp? Bullshit Lisa! You got me pregnant and you're accusing me of having an affair. You're really out of your mind!"

"You're the one who said that." Lisa walked out on her. "I'm tired with your dramas." She added.

And the recent encounter they had...

"Lis, just this one, I'm asking you to respect me, even not the sanctity of our marriage anymore. Please don't make it appear I'm a fool in front of my friends and with the people around us. I know you and Rosé are together, and you didn't hear any single word from me regarding that matter. Just be discreet." Jennie begged.

Lisa just passed on her side and never said a word. Jennie then cries.

___

PRESENT

"Will you accompany me for my check up? I'll have my ultrasound today."

"No. I have to meet someone. You can go without me. And I'm tired with all the theatrics we're playing outside of this house. And whatever gender is that, I don't care."

You gave me a lot of heartaches Lisa. I don't deserve this. Your child doesn't deserve this. I tried. I tried to be a good wife but you'll never see that because in the first place you've never been a good partner and you've never seen me as your wife...I'm still trying to hold on but now I know it's true- people has its limit. I'm tired...